king of the street

They were still running eliminations when we left, and i haven’t seen anything posted on their website about it, i would be curious to see who won.

Markie Brewer from the Motor Works won the bracket race, im not sure who had the fastest car there though.

yep that’s little mark with the black mustang II. i think the old man was running the copper car

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/RacersBios/photos/MarkBrewer%20Jr..jpg

I remember that car…it was about as subtle as a fucking suitcase nuke.
There were some fast cars there, considering it was a “street”:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: car race. But in the end, that really doesn’t matter much in bracket racing. I was surprised to see an SRT4 running 11.90’s make it through the 5th round. Not the easiest car to run consistently…

What about setting up a real king of the street? I think I seen about a year ago but didnt hear anything about it.

Yea i saw a king of street heads up racing for street cars… We all know half the shit there was not a street car…Tell ya the truth my opinion is if its tubbed its not a street car, i just think it takes away from it… Hopefully during the airing of the pittspeed 240 episode they don’t try saying that is a street car because from the pics it doesnt look like one… As for the srt4 he is pretty consistent everytime he runs that car so it really doesnt surprise me at all…

i street car is run what u brung!

If you can get plates, registration, insurance, and pass inspection it is a street car. No matter how these are accomplished, if you meet the criteria, it is a street car.

I heard the arguments about ‘street cars’, and i heard some grumbling while i was there on Sunday. Getting an inspection sticker on a car isn’t all that difficult. It’s even easier if you own a shop:rolleyes: , but really, what does it matter? It’s still bracket racing, so the consistency in times and reaction time will determine the winner regardless. Besides, some of those cars may actually be driven to the giant eagle for grocery shopping, who knows?

i didn’t go because i figured it would be a joke, just like most other events there. who woulda knew PRP=no hook

Well yea i understand it with bracket racing that doesnt matter to me but if it was heads up racing i think it should be a little more strict… For instance that blue malibu up there was not even close to street car and no way that would pass inspection… The car had a repair towing plate on it… So we know he owns a garage and slapped a sticker on. Just my opinion but like you said if you can get plates and stuff its street legal… I just don’t like tubbed out cars that say they are street legal when they look like a complete race car

I hear what you are saying, but $$ talks and that is what the owners of the track are looking at. Hell, how many fucking times did they allow people to buy back in? IMHO, that’s bullshit. You lose, then thats it, you lose. Fucking guys were buying back in multiple times…$$ talks i guess…

because it is bracket racing. screw that I am goin up with my girls stock auto civic and taking home the money next year

i bet you don’t. the guys who win actually have skills. cutting .o1x lites 5 rounds in a row, one dude ran 11.01 4 rds in a row.

I disagree, sorry. John Shepards '91 talon is not a street car. It is liscenced, inspected, insured, and through a muffler but not a street car anymore.

you can disagree all you want, it doesn’t bother me at all. But if it passes all of the mandatory PennDOT requirements, it is a street car.

if the right person inspects it, it doesn’t have to meet all the requirments.

I’m still waiting for our race sammy. You can bracket race me in her civic. :slap:

if its not LEGALLY inspected then it doesnt count. period.

you can call it a street car all you want but if you gotta take that thing to your buddy to get stickers then thats not a “true” street car

…but. What if you can sticker it yourself? What if it has no cats but falls under the “Less than 5000 mile” rule in it’s respected county? Too many variables. Maybe it should need to pass some criteria that shows somehow that they actually run it on the streets. Don’t know how they’d do it though.