Knight Rider Mustang

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/12/nup_113130_0067-1_opt.jpg

NBC held a press conference today officially announcing the return of Knight Rider to network TV. The new show will debut as a two-hour movie on February 17th with a cast that includes Justin Bruening, Deanna Russo, Sydney Tamiia Poitier and Bruce Davison. Also confirmed is the return of David Hasselhoff in the role of an elder Michael Knight. Finally, the character we care about most, KITT, has been officially confirmed as a Ford GT500KR. The voice of KITT will also be none other than Will Arnett, husband of Saturday Night Live’s Amy Poehler and ex-alum of the TV show Arrested Development.

There will actually be three versions of KITT in the show: a 540-hp standard version of the character named KITT Hero, a super high-speed version that’s heavily modified for combat called KITT Attack, and a driverless version called KITT Remote. According to NBC, KITT in the modern era is a supercomputer capable of hacking anything that plugs into a wall, and thanks to progress made in the area of nanotechnology, its body can shift both its shape and color.

wow that spolier on a spoiler = :gay2:

the original KITT shits all over that. :bloated: at changing it up to a ford mustang

theres 2 cars in TV history you dont ever change.
#1 - the general lee
#2 - Kitt

edit: Bandits t/a
A-Team Van
Mcqueens Stang
Herbie- the VW beetle

yeah those spoilers kill the car

Cool concept it’d be sweet if they can make it work without ruining the Knightrider name. I hope they use the same music haha. There’d also better be a car driving through the desert in the opening credits.

There was a “mock-up” ofr KITT as a C6 Vette, and it was totally the attitude :tup:

I mean, I like Shelbys 'n all, but I just don’t get why they did a Stang… :gotme:

alot more then 2 but I cant think of any right now

McQueen’s fastback, for one. AE86 from ID, two.

Bandit’s T/A :lol:

While I love that the show is coming back…and I love Mustangs…I cannot refer to KITT as anything other than the firebird/ta.

They should have renamed him. AND WTF Will Arnett? YOU NEED http://www.nyu.edu/classes/jeffreys/Hamlet/hamletimages/BMW.gif.jpg

Thank you NBC for shitting all over my childhood.

:word:

Next thing they will have A-team with no Mr. T, Airwolf without a helicopter, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

I like it besides the 2 spoilers. Im really starting to dig the all black look, all black wheels too. I use to like the polished lip but I am getting away from it

No, they’ll re-do the A-Team and use a black dodge caravan with a red stripe. Every show you will hear “it’s got a hemi” at least once, and every commercial break will have a Chrysler product.

So how about the return of American Gladiators? I’m actually looking forward to that.

I understand that there is probably a large $$$ Ford deal involved.

Yet, still, I feel as though the producers just wiped their collective asses with my birthday card, and are now going to mail it to me on Feb 17.

:uhh: Ummm, do they know that that’s the wrong car?

Yeah and face and murdock will be in the back watching rugrats on the flip down monitor :frowning:

next up, return of Mcgyver … in the new series he is mechanicly inept and uses an Iphone to get all his great escape ideas off the internet

Edit: and the only other acceptable version of KITT was the 57 chevy from the movie

why the fuck do they now need 3 versions of KITT, the original was abel to do all that shit on one chassis and thats what made him cool. especialy considering all his ricer wings folded in out of view during street mode

and oh yea, nanaotech skin ? didnt the viper from “viper” do that shape shifting bullshit? it turned itself inside out to go into battle mode

and god fucking damnit, old KITT could hack shit that WASNT plugged in … this is GAY

ooooh yea.

That show had potential, but dropped rediculously fast.

Good call.

the VIPER had some sort of nano skeleton

http://www.codeoneauto.com/projects/pics/defender.jpg