krazykid or carbon fiber experts

http://people.rit.edu/mamcmp/lana/front-end.jpg

can somebody make these bumper shutters… the things next to the intercooler

and roughly how much it will cost. thanks

I can make them. Cost is in the molds, the carbon and epoxy resin is the cheap shit. I could either CNC the molds, or do a plaster cast.

Does some other company already produce them, or were those one-offs?

For what purpose though? Covering up the factory oil cooler is not a good idea.

BECAUSE DRAGCAR

just for racing

9sec9 made them but not anymore

Fucking LOL. Are they/Tom even around anymore? I remember that big debacle between Tom and Dave Burschur a few years ago.

You’ll have to decide if ~$200+ is worth it to you for the .005 seconds they’d likely knock off your times at best. Not knocking your car at all, just saying that if these are purely for function only at an amature drag level, a couple pieces of ABS plastic trimmed to shape and taped in place would do the same thing as these, and cost you probably 1/10th the price(those carbon pieces are just taped in as well)

Just food for thought. I have all the capability in the world to make and manufacture those parts if necessary, but I can’t just give the service away.

I need a cage.

Don’t we all :slight_smile:

Bringing it to VA i think to get one. $2,000 for exactly what i want and a week turn around.

So true, and I’m sure Buschur is cool in person!

ABS plastic ftw

duct tape ftw

yeah, durring the winter last year, i just used plastic sheets and painters tape to close up the front of my civ. it worked great and got me alot more mpgs. it was cold so the coolant temps were not affected either

Thin sheet of aluminum and rivets… done

haha, they are but they aren’t LOL… i remeber that shit too.

so to make them in carbon fiber it would be like 200 your saying adam?

and plastic obviously cheaper?

i think they look look sick and i’m sure they would help if i was running significantly faster than i am now LOL

he is OK in person LOL… i was right next to him when he EXPLODED at somebody at the shootout because they were illegal in the class due to having QTP’s intstead of a DOT radial… quite funny LOL

$200+ means at least $200 but probably more