L-Dog help ......

Does anyone know what to look for (problem wise) on an ES300 …

Im pretty sure i want to pick this car up … but i would like to know if there are any major things to look for …

It’s a 93 with 187k on it …

Post away

price?

cant release that info … but anyone that knows me … it a GOOD deal

thats means the seller is probably paying him to take it. I cant never find these deals

it has a 2jzge motor in it… they are amazing motors usually rock solid, only thing with high mileage lexus cars is make sure all the electronics work right

Isnt that a RWD motor ??? … its not a SC300 …

you are thinking of the sc300.

edit: nevermind said the same thing above

no “wing window”

no the es300 i believe has the 3l I6 in it as well. perhaps its a v6? , but im pretty sure its in there

3vz-fe v6 3.0 (1992-1993) I have a 92 and it was great. Check the valve cover gaskets for leaks if they havn’t already been changed, the back which you cant see will be worse. Easy and cheap to replace but usually always need replacing. Also ( at least this happened to mine) check the brake lines (metal) under the car and make sure they are in good shape. Mine rusted out and sprang leaks. The needles in the gauges go out or dim, theres some solutions but usually arnt cheap, but also not always a big deal. Theres really not anything major that goes wrong.

Overall its an excelent car, very reliable. If you wanna know more PM me.

BUMP … anyone else …

got the wifey a new whip?

No … i need a 4 door for myself

should be soild car, es’s are basically pimped out Camry’s. Just dont let me sit in it cuz it will blow up.

Ill make sure you dont even look at the car … lol

Im just kinda worried about the miles … But the int. tells me that she was very well taken care of …

187k … inside looks like 10k

Well where to begin with that one… That motor is known for oil sludge so make sure you pull the dip stick and check for gunk and pull the oil cap and check for gunk buildup. Pull the tranny dipstick if the fluid is black walk away because those trannies shit the bed, I see about 2-3 a week from those/camry’s with that mileage. valve cover gasket leaks, tranny pan leaks, oil pan gasket leaks, front engine seal leaks. Ask when the last timing belt/seals were done. They’re great cars, just known for massive oil leaks. Get me a VIN and i’ll run it in the toyota database @ work and see if its been maintained at a Toyota/Lexus dealer and whats been done to it.

I will get that to ya tomorrow … thank you

as for knowing when shit was done … Im SOL on that one … the car was a trade in at Ray Laks

3vzfe’s dont really have the oil sludge issues like the 1mzfe (1994-2001) but yes they tend to leak more oil. Timing belt should be changed again for the second time if it hasnt already.