Lexus Drive Train and Stuff......

Over the weekend, I was in Violator’s LS400. I was very impressed with his car overall. I am looking to pick up an older lexus as a dd. I know that Lexus is a part of the Toyota Corp so I am not too worried about the miles. I guess my question is…should I be worried if I get say an es300 with 120k on the OD? I dont think so…but anyone here have an older Lex or know people with high miles? Any issues? Input would be appreciated.

Thats my old car :slight_smile:

I thought it had impressive power as well.

4.0 V8 was nice.

The ES are V6 I believe but still have the toyota reliabilty built in.

proper maintenance and car and you should get some good miles out of one

I have been looking on ebay and autotrader…some of these cars have 300k on the OD and are in superior shape!!! Shit!!!..cant see these results on any domestic vehicle…

the LS is a completely dedicated design and breed of its own and no es or other compares

ES = Camry = reliable.

You’ll have all the stupid problems of that era, but they are very nice.

[quote=“Violator,post:4,topic:29709"”]

the LS is a completely dedicated design and breed of its own and no es or other compares

[/quote]

Yeah, I know…but I dont want another vehicle with a big engine. I need something more fuel efficient and a confortable ride that will be reliable for many years to come.

fucking buy this

http://www.rarotongarentals.co.ck/images/small-car.jpg

Kurva!!!

Those 6 cylinders were sludgey mounds of poo.

http://www.cartalk.com/content/columns/Archive/2002/May/07.html

You currently drive a Toyota Carrola(Prizm) as a DD, so you should have a general idea on how reliable Toyota’s are.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:10,topic:29709"”]

You currently drive a Toyota Carrola(Prizm) as a DD, so you should have a general idea on how reliable Toyota’s are.

[/quote]

they are very reliable! My geo has 147k right now and it is a 4 banger. I cannot ask for more out of this vehicle. Personally, I think that Toyota’s are #1

the es300 motors (1mz-fe i belive) are known to run to over 200k with no real issues

i have a loaded 96 es300 for sale with 122k on the clock :smiley:

$4200, pm me if interested

i didn’t ride in it. but for what he paid, i would have bought it too.

:tup: