Lexus IS300

So, a 2001-2002 can be had for around $12k…
How are these things:

• Performance
  • Reliability
  • Maitnence costs
  • Aftermarket
  • Fun to drive

In my search for e36 m3’s or e46 330’s i came across IS 300’s.

How are the IS’s compared to an e36 m3. I understand that they are pretty slow, but can be boosted easily… which I may look into…

How do bolt ons affect the car, and is there a big after market? Stock wise, how do these cars perform on a track, or at least a tight twisty backroad?

M3>IS300…

slow stock, great to drive, general maintinence is normal but there are certain items that have a healthy lexus markup if they fail

Dos?

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/gruesome_scanners_431x300.jpg

alotta woman drive these cars i have found. I would have to swap in a 2jz to justify.

No No…its MikeRi24

Ummm…thats what they come with stock.

:lol:

I’m trying to do a lot of research before I buy another car… this IS a car forum, right?

uhmmm, sorta. with a shittier tranny and different internals.

when german lux. cars get old they become retro, cool, and still remain classy.

when japanese lux. cars get old they become ghetto.

I see these all day everyday down here like Neons in Buffalo.

I really like them. It is the same engine as an NA supra without the 6-speed transmission.

They are supposed to do well under boost. Dos raced his car on a shitty base tune and if I remember correctly, possibly the wrong size rod bearings.

lol, keep tellin yourself that.

I looked into one of these as well. The lack of performance and rwd steered me away. Ive also heard that if you boost them they will be a huge headache.

I heard they turbo REALLY WELL

No shit 2JZ?..this will decimate all. :picard:

X…

I think they are pretty sweet cars I’d rock one. Would definately need snows on it in the winter though being RWD and all.

after we overnight parts from japan. we can put it on my tab at harrys