Anyone know this car? IS300.

I saw this.

I was looking at G35C’s and IS’s and stumbled across a prebuilt one. I realize it’s retardely modded. If anyone knows anything about it, holla please!

Ie, streetability, etc…

garbage pics… would not buy based on that alone… must be something to hide

edit… it IS stupid cheap though considering what it has… someone should tell the Auto Analyzer crew

Yeah. Price is wicked. He may just be visually retarded. Gonna go check it out and see if its a good choice for a daily driver too. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

I really enjoyed watching Wayne slide around in perfect comfort and class in his bone stock IS. The other one all slammed and stuff was nice too.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

I really enjoyed watching Wayne slide around in perfect comfort and class in his bone stock IS. The other one all slammed and stuff was nice too.

maybe its being sold cheap because parts were paid for by sponserships so the owners not actually losing out? just a thought…

Was the other slammed IS the silver one from KW (Graeme)?

Werd, talked briefly to the guy, he doesn’t seem too technoey at all.

Ron be careful it’s a boosted GE not a GTE and no where in his ad does he mention anything internal being done. Yes the stock bottom end will hold up but you do the math.

Thanks Zac, will you go with me? You island boys know everything about dem Toyotas. Weekend? I’ll buy lunch.

I’ll let you know if I don’t have to work. Do you recognize the 240 though, he used to run it at Cayuga it was on the series Tuner Transformation and the IS Rad has a tuner transformation.
I googled it, thinking well there should only be one legitimate IS300 from the shows, appreantly not. Where they were looking for an IS300 for the show:
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12363&pid=74566&mode=threaded&start=
One Tuner Tran. IS from woodbridge:

and the add from craigslist:
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/bra/cto/1635156567.html

You can tell from the distributor and the intake manifold it’s a GE. Talk to Kenji, he might know the car, he sniffs these thigns out.

Well the Ad says that its a GTE motor so I’m gonna assume that he’s telling the truth. He also mentioned he’s using the VTAKKKKKK from the GE model, so that could explain the dizzy and intake mani?? Or no?

I’m so torn…buy a built modded to the hilt car for 15 or so…and pray everything was built to last. Or buy a assuredly clean stock G or IS for between 12-17. In order for me to have any fun in either of those two cars, forget a swap, that’s way too much on top, I’d need to spend at least another 5K or so. Wheels, coils, exhaust, etc…the bolt ons, you know.

Where as this car, has everything apparently, the swap, the four sets of wheels, the baller coils, the nice body kit and apparently, a killer swap that’s prolly the fastest car I’ll have owned…all built for me already.

I plan to keep the next car at least until the loan is paid off for the car. It would be really nice to have a decently fast IS300 all fully modded already. It’s almost like a perfect car for me. 4 doors, looks great, newer, don’t feel like a boy racer in it. By that, i don’t feel like i’m a teenager or in my early early 20’s like i do in my s13.

At the same time, a relatively stock G35 will be kinda nice with a set of coils etc…it’s got enough jam that I won’t be bored to death all the time but I have a feeling that the stock IS motor in stock trim will make me want to have blood coming out of my ass. I’m so torn.

I’m really hoping that when I go check the IS out, that it will be as the guy says…“mint” cuz if the body is in good shape and the car runs well, it’s a no brainer, right??? Right? I think so.

Cuz if it turns out to be ass, I’d really hate myself for paying 11 to 15K for a stock manual IS300 which is what I’d rather have over a G35 now. the G is a wicked nice car but, the IS has always really appealed to me, in boosted form that is. I love the sedan/sport look it has when lowered with an aggressive lip and some nice wheels. It’s a gorgeous car in that way. The G is nice but I hear that I’ll prolly get sick of it after the novelty wears off…and I can see that happening. When I got my WRX, I was in pure heaven…then I realized after a while that I was driving a car built in 02 that still felt like it was made in 98…hahahaha. Subaru interiors FTL!!! I liked the car a lot but I got sick of it and I have a feeling that the performance of a stock G will also kinda bore me after a while. I dunno. I hope it turns out to be a solid car, cuz then all my dilemnas will be solved.

yeah, just get some toyota guys to go with you, and eye that car inside out. then take it from there.

For a car that was on tuner transformation the engine bay is a mess.

So apparently, he’s the og owner. TT footed the bill for the built JDM gte bottom end.

This is what I got from him:

"
The management system is FJO 341B - Mike Deill in Oakville (DL
Motorsports) knows the car well and can set it up on his dyno for any map
you want. With the correct cold weather start map, it will run all day in
cold weather.
Still has factory fuel tank, but a fuel cell would be a great upgrade for
drifting. The Walbro pump works quite well in the stock tank.

The car’s one of the rare machines that will provide comfort all day along
and when you depress your right foot, turns into a monster. I really enjoy
this car."

I’m headed up on saturday at 10:30. Anyone wanna come?

wow. so close to forks.

if you head out, shoot me a text. I’m down to see this thing.

Nice!!! I was hoping you’d offer! Ok I’m headed there for 10:30. Should I meet you at the shop or wanna meet in brampton somewhere off of 410?

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

SICK! He sent me proper pics. Car is MINT!! Bay is CLEAN!! Jizz in my pants to my face times two for the blues.

Just to fukk with you before you head up there to look at it…lol
If you’re the type of person that needs to know that everything is done right and that everything is working as it should…build it yourself.
If you’re the type of person that can assume everything is fine…go for it.

I haven’t (nor do I care) to add up what I’ve spent on my car compared to what I would have spent to build it myself.
But I did realize, after owning it for a couple of months, that I’m too particular about my car to trust that someone else built it like I would have.

Not that there was a lot wrong with my car, but there’s always something that is done differently that you would have.
After a few things went wrong, I decided to strip it back to a shell and start over.
So I guess I will have technically built it myself after this winter…lol

Buying built is a good way to save some time and some $$ up front, but you’re always flipping a coin on things.
Like I said, if you can buy built and live with assuming everything is fine…it’s a great way to do it.

In the end, you do save a lot on parts if you decide to tear down and rebuild…:smiley:

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

After reading that post, I sound negative…I wasn’t trying to.
I’m just trying to say that if you’re very particular (i.e. I never let anyone touch anything on my cars mechanically), then you may want to reconsider.
If you’re not so particular…sounds like a great buy!

Thanks for that perspective. I thought about this and I came to same conclusion as my last semi built 240. If anything blows up motorwise, it’ll still cost 1/10th to rebuild the power plant, than to build that car from scratch. I’m open and semi planning to have to redo drivetrain, ecu, wiring, etc… At some point soon. Its the OTHER parts that have me jizzing. The coils, (those cost more than my whole coupe sold for), the FOUR sets of wheels with rubber, the bnib Vizage kit, the gauges, the cage, etc…

If the motor grenades on day one, it’ll still be worth it. If it doesn’t and runs forever like a well tuned and well built GTE should…then I’m a WEINOR!

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Hahaha, I wanted to buy a G or an IS to stop driving boy racer cars and drive a classier, more comfy car, only to be more giddy than a just developing school girl walking into a den of pedobears!!!

bahaha.
When did you sell your S13?

I sold it…yesterday. :slight_smile:

I love this!!! We all need this.

http://www.kw-suspension.com/us/kw_hls.php

hahhaha

That’s pretty baller…but it doesn’t lift very high.
I’d say we redesign and mass produce.
We’ll build them into the shock towers.

did ya get it did ya get it hmmmmmmmmmm