Interested in leaving my platform....

Well guys. I have been really thinking about this a lot and I am thinking about leaving the 3S platform. I want to get a bike and I think I want to get away from the performance end of cars and more into the class/luxury style cars. Actually I have two that I am trying to decide between and it’s a difficult choice.

My spending limit is $18k so that I can also get a bike this summer. Im looking at either a Cadillac CTS or a Lexus IS300. They both fall well within that spending limit and they are both nice cars. What would you guys choose and why? By the way I am really really leaning towards the CTS. This does not mean I am out of the modding scene, just performance mods. I will have my bike to hit the streets with when I feel the need for speed so I think I will be happy.

Discuss…

go with the lex the caddy,s are basket cases and expensive as hell to fix

IS 300’s are still loot. I was looking at buying one over the summer and even with 80-90k on them they were around 20g’s. Good luck though

are you stuck on choosing one of those 2 cars?

I am but I will also consider other opinions. I really am leaning towards the Caddy becuase it just looks more classy than the Lex. BMW crossed my mind a couple of time but every schmuck that has a little extra money in his pocket has one. You don’t see many young guys in a CTS.

you will be hatin life in that thing

I’m guessing you wouldn’t consider a TL?

I’ve found them mid-teens all day.

The CTS feels like another domestic POS inside. The new one is better. I considered one but ended up with another BMW because I’m just another “schmuck that has a little extra money in his pocket.” ;D

Oh I forgot, maybe even the Audi TT Quattro?

Yea how many miles are on them though? over 100k? EVERY single one I looked at that I strongly considered had between 40-60kmi on them and they were all over $20,000. I’m sure you could find an IS in the teens but their going to be a roach.

They shouldnt be that expensive. The last one I looked at was a red 02 w/ 68k on it, great shape, for $18k. The CPO ones I found were mostly low-mid 20s depending on miles.

If you’re looking for a luxury car, I’d look past Lexus. It feels like an upscale camry with Rwd.

Don’t get me wrong they are fantastic cars, but they are far from luxury status compared to even an E46 3 series. They are more boy racer than anything. Think RWD Evo from Toyota.

If you’re looking for a tuner or something to play around with but want a better status, RWD, 6 Cyl and overall a different platform (4dr) by all means, Is300 is great.

However if you’re looking for something a little more relaxed, upscale and laid back with some power I’d look into BMW 3 series, 5 series, and Mercedes.

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHHAAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHHAAHHAH you haven’t owned either a Lexus OR a E46 have you. The interior and options is about equal to the interior and options (comfortoptions) of my 97 sc. All BMWs of the 97 model do not remotely compare to the luxury of everything but the IS a nd ES in the Lexus line. The BMW interiors are cheap feeling and have a lot of fake leather/plastic (for non m-series models) where almost every panel in my car is covered in leather or wood. The IS is a little boys economy vehicle. Its lexus’ second cheapest car. Test drive an LS460 or GS430 from the new line ups and you will be amazed at the pure luxury and VIP treatment the car gives you. It rivals Mercedes at points. BMW and Audi are a close comparison (I owned an A4). When went to buy my SC i trest drove an e36 M3 and it was faster and more sporty yes but it it didn’t even compare in the luxury and feel of the SC. Hell, most Lexus models are availible with a factory air suspension. RWD Camry…funniest stupidest thing I have heard in years

IS300 is gorgeous. I been going back and forth on that and trading in my SUV.

Why don’t you like the 3/S? It has a lot of nice luxury features and you car basically only makes in the LOW 3XXAWHP range. That’s respectable and you get all the other nice features.

e36 m3

/thread

fixed

I was only responding to the quote above mine. For most people not looking for luxury more than anything an IS300 is awesome. For a Luxury car however it is lacking like I said. For someone who wants to make power its a good platform though. Actually most Lexus models are as the all except 1jz swaps with ease and 2jzgte swaps with a little more labor. The 2jzge which is standard in most of theolder lexus models is also beginning to show its value as a good NA-T project.

IS300’s are nice. I was looking into them awhile back. Ever see the videos of the is300 hangin with the bikes? (turbo’d obv). From what ive read/seen they can handle quite a bit of power on stock internals. Have you looked into Audis at all? You can pick up a nice a4 for under 20k, shit even a TT for under that now but with 80+k…

pass on Audi TT’s lots of small probly and actual bad aero dynamics. They originally built them without a rear spoiler and found that they cars were flipping of the road so they issued a recall and fixed the problem by tacking a rear spoiler on.

ive never heard of an audi TT flipping off the road. Car still move for what they are, look nice and in his price range. Then again im biased cause i drive nothing but german cars therefore i vote audi or bmw.

Hey what about “Sxy Times or skytime w.e his name is on here” 99 M3?? Affordable, luxury with a lil bit of go to it.