Lexus IS300

I would like one as a DD… Anything past that though uhh :/…

wow that’s not a terrible post

I’m actually really impressed

and you guys, sedlmeier101 asked for a 10 second car, not a ten minute car

loooooooooooolz

i actually agree with him.

look at i dont know any mid 90’s lexus or how about acuras like teh vigor or whatever it was called.

i just dont think they have the same styling appeal as zee germans have that can withstand the test of time.

:fry:

X…

1995 mercedes

95 audi

every “region” of cars has good examples and bad examples from every Era. You euro humpers are fags.

While true, I think it’s harder to find a good looking 90’s Japanese luxury car then it is to find an attractive 90’s german example. Just my .02$

I can find plenty of good looking 90s Japanese luxury cars.

you are just a tool.

honestly i RARELY see an old audi or mercedes in “ghetto” type of condition while on the flipside drive thru the east side for 10 min and all you will see is big body lexus’s and acura’s

that’s because all of the audis and benzs are dead lol.

the argument is just stupid. there are good and bad with all brands!!

Im a tool for having an opinion? God you are such a fuck sometimes, maybe you just have a thing for ugly cars? Enlighten me on all these good looking jap luxo boxes please.

My gf had one…

VERY reliable, she had it for 2 years and ~ 30k and nothing went wrong but a 40 dollar coil pack that died due to water pooling on the valve cover (they are coil on plug)

you WILL 100% need snow tires… even then, they are not that good in the snow… the traction control is just that, traction control, it doesnt do stability, so you can still step out the rear end.

We sold my gf’s IS300 with 75k on it for 12k about 2 years ago… hers was an 01 i belive

Thanks viper for the insight…
as for the others…meh. I didn’t ask peoples opinions on how they look.

If I were to buy one I’d keep it relatively stock, probably wheels,coil overs and an exhaust. That’s it.
I don’t really care about the car being straight line fast, I just want something fun to drive that feels connected to the road and can put a smile on my face every time I get to an on-ramp

there are good and bad for each. that is it. the argument is over.

I would venture to say that with those plans, the car would be fun. I’ve never actually driven one though.

So why would you post in this thread?

Other then that, I think they are a sexy, sharp and understated car and have Toyota reliability. I think it would be great car to own.

I have an '01 IS300 that has been great to me. They are very easy to boost and quite fun to drive when done. The 6 speed from a supra is a very easy swap if you buy a 5 speed IS. The '01 IS’s are not available in manual and don’t have a limited slip rear. LSD is very important in these cars if you want to have fun. Mine is an '01 so I don’t have any of the fun options but it has the nicer interior in my opinion. Also, being 8 years old the most I have done to the car is tranny flush, brakes, a few sets of tires and a drive belt. I have a feeling I’m due for a wheel bearing or ball joint but I don’t plan on having it for too much longer. Compared to an M3 they’re def not in the same performance class but they can be had for a reasonable price and hold up pretty well. Good luck with your choice. www.my.is for more info.

I’d like an Acura Legend GS 6 speed. Probably more so than a E36. I don’t really know what makes either of them luxurious…

I dont understand how the Legend has a longitudinal v6 and is front wheel drive?

i’d take a the IS300 over an E36… but an E46 over the IS300.

Who cares about HP when you buy this car. It holds its value well, is RWD and easily modded.

You CAN boost these cars, but only if you WANT headaches. Just put a decent suspension on it and some basic bolt ons. It’ll handle nice, sound nice and not be a total fggt on the on-ramp.

if you want something fast either increase your budget or get a second car.

however: http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=15982

that E36 is wicked… it’s canadian so take 20% off of the price… the guy who owns it is beyond legit. THAT is an E36 M3 (4 door) that is better than an IS300.