Lancaster 8-12-08 NOW with my crappy times

There is no difference between D and OD there was a massive debate about this on LS1tech…Your car also won’t shift into OD at WOT…

If your blowing MT drag radials off the car you are running to much PSI and not doing a big enough burn out.

Should have kept the Formula :lol: 7.6 all day…

WTF!?!?!?!?!?

at least the lint roller is ok…

I was running 15psi so thats not too much, I will admit I dont do much of a burnout, the 10 bolt scares me

yeah the Formy might have done 7.6s but in reality if I am doing 7.8s with 1.9 60’s it should go 7.4s or lower with a driver mod

I have only made 8 passes with the car so far so improvement will come
I need to pick up a UD pulley and upgrade the 3.23s to 3.73s

Yup, it’s confirmed…I AM THE BLACK SHEEP OF THE FAMILY

You make 0 sense.

You’re trying to run a fast time but won’t do a proper burn out for traction.

You’re afraid of breaking the 10bolt so you are going to put in a physically weaker gear.

You realize the 3.23 rear end in your old Formula has 100’s of 1.6-1.5 60`s

You won’t get magically faster with an automatic unless you drop the 60`s a lot…

when I go 3.73s I am going to have a 12 bolt under the car

Its hard to do a good burn out due to the brake situation, also when I start to lay into it I start to do a good one I get wheel hop so I promptly get off the throttle

Is this thing red? I was in stagging lanes parked next to a red one.

I have the same problem. I have a vacuum canister but can only hit the brakes twice before the vacuum is 0. This is what I do

1. Pull up to the water in OD and spin the tires in the water to get them coated.
  2. Pull up put the car in N, let off the brake and rev the car up a couple times to build vacuum.
  3. When the official signals you, hit the brake and hold, put the car in first, and STOMP the pedal to burn out and shift through the gears(1-3) and letting off the brake and gas slowly as you pull up.
  4. Pull up put the car in N rev up to build vacuum.
  5. Put the car in 1st and creep to the line. I lose vacuum by creeping to the line with brake, gas, brake, gas, but the car leaves the best from 1200-1500 or where the suspension is relaxed. Torquing it up makes it worst like taking it to 2000+RPMs

I do this all the time if you have seen how I run my car. I had a shitty night last night, I couldn’t hook for shit and my fuel pressure dropped from 9 to 5lbs. My best was a 7.10@97 with a 1.52 60ft.

so much for autos being so easy to launch LOL

no mine is Pewter, I talked to the dude with the red SS though, his has a small cam, ported stock heads and all bolt ons and his best run up there has been a 7.5 I believe, I think he was running high 7s last night

Thanks for the tip man I will try and apply some of that to mine

I have seen your car there a few times, very nice

Was it a V6 originally? I see it has “Firebird” emblems on the doors

It was a V6…then it ended up with a carburetor :lol:

My 1st 2 runs were in the right lane & just “o-k” a 7.8 (with a passenger) Then on my 2nd run, when staging, I got yelled at & was told I ran too fast with a passenger & no helmet. So I kicked my co driver out & put the helmet on. Than I ran a 7.66. On my 3rd & 4th runs, I turned up the boost & advanced the timing in 1st & 2nd gears to see if I could get below a 7.5 Runs 3 & 4 were both in the left lane, I couldnt get any traction. Spun through 2rd gear trying to peddle & hook up but no luck. Ran somewhere around 8.3. I dont know if it was the adjustments caused the problem or the left lane prepp sucked that bad but maybe his traction problems were caused by poor lane prepp?

I ran in the right lane all 4 passes last time, the left lane dosent ever seem to hook at all for me