led distributors

For all the DIYers that have used LEDs, what companies have you bought them from, how were their prices and finally how was the quality? I need 5mm super bright LEDs in red white and blue. They are going to be used in a flashlight type application so they need to be really bright. So far i ahve been looking into Besthongkong.com, ABCtronics.com and SuperbrightLEDs.com. Any info would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

e-led.com…Been using them for years, fast shipment at a cheap price

i just tried going there but kept getting redirected to gelighting.com

superbrightleds.com

The next questions becomes how many are u looking to buy? what’s your pricing goals?

I work with hi-power LEDs all the time…

Digi-Key

for right now i am only going to need about 200-300 total to mock up the prototypes but once it goes into production that will change. the problem is finding the correct wavelengths of the colors. i have to be within a certain range of the color or else this will not work correctly. the only website i found (so far) that has the correct wavelengths is superbrightLEDs.com

superbright is fine for low qty. but if you’re talking production then look at actual LED manufacturers, not just suppliers.

Check out
nichia
lumiled
chicago minature
everlight
panasonic
or any other manufacturer that you can find.

what nm are you looking for?

the other thing I have to warn you is that all LEDs shift color when they are different temperatures, thus you may have to keep this in mind if it’s that important some only move a couple nm in either direction; whites shift color temperature though by a few points.

OMG no u will get screwed on shipping so incredibly bad its not funny

650-660nm

good place for leds :tup:

that range is beyond saturated red… I dunno where you’re going to find those in that saturated of a red color. The high-power ones that I design with only range to 645, and that’s the max, the range is 620.5 to 645…