LED Lights

Does anyone know where to purchase 12volt, or any BRIGHT LED’s localy.
Stuf like this http://http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR&cart_id=2434319.22104

Thanks

no, nothing locally, but my roomate who deals with specialty LED’s for a living can get you just about ANYTHING 2nd day. Shoot me a pm with your application, and what you think the specs are.

Mike

radioshack…i just picked up a couple packages.

wait…mine arnt 12v my bad…thats what resistors are for

12V LEDs are very rare, and really don’t exist, they all require a current limiting resistor.

Let me know what you are wanting to do, and I can help you out with what you need and how to do what you want.

(I am TPGSR’s roommate)

I know how to use resistors to power LED lights with 12volts. It’s just that the radio crap selection sucks.

The situation is I am experimenting with my alky kit and wanted to have the “pump on” LED in the job box with all the components. Then I wanted to (geeky I know) use fiber optics to run in the interior of the car. So I am not 100% sure what I am looking for. I like to stare at stuff and then deciede :slight_smile:

Thanks for the offers I will try to figure out what I need.
The 12volt stuff is just easy to deal with and you can use a 194 socket.

ive had a few of the Super Bright \leds in my car. but they dont seemto last that long. i dunno why but they turn into strobes aftera while.

I’ve played with fiber optics plenty of times as well. You need a fairly narrow angle LED, with a mid-high output (For a T-5 atleast). As for local, there isn’t really much, I typically order everything for my sidebusiness/home projects from online in large batches of parts.

I’m actually getting ready to make a large order in about 2 weeks if you can wait that long and want something special you’re more than welcome to add it to my order to save on shipping. It’ll probably be a www.digikey.com or www.newark.com order.

Depending on what color LED you are looking for, I might have some ones that would work.

Would you mind talking about the type of projects you do?

Project that I do?

For my “official” job that I work during the weekdays: I work for an aerospace lighting company where I design Business Jet/Military/Commercial aircraft cockpit lighted panels and general lightings, as well as Solid-state (aka LED) aircraft external lighting systems. I’m currently working on the cockpit for the Eclipse 500 Business jet, and the Exterior lighting system for the new F-35 JSF.

For my Side Business/Home-Brew Projects I do smaller automotive electronics and custom interfaces/displays and lighting systems. I’ve built LED warning systems for aftermarket equipment (Electric Waterpump monitors, Amplifier temperature monitors) as well as digital monitoring systems (Custom digital gauges, typically integrated into the automobile, not just add-on round gauge style). I also do LED lighting systems, both internal and external lighting.

Currently under development for release this spring when I roll out my business are digital RPM controlled switches (Programmible Shift Lights, RPM Switches, Window Switches, etc), as well as recalibration of F-Body (4th gen only currently) gauge clusters for 200MPH speedos, as well as new overlays (Custom graphics available with matching overlays for the heater/headlight controls). I’ve also got a couple other projects under development that are :shady: and will be disclosed when closer to release.

I’m more than willing to help people do their stuff, or for a negotiable fee can design/build almost anything you could think of.

Link didn’t work for me, But I can purchase LED’s at RD Murray Fire Apparatus in Hamburg. They make fire trucks there and sell all that stuff.

Very cool! Good luck with your venture. Sounds like some nice project/products.