Lightweight wheels?

I’m considering putting a lighter wheel on the Evo. What’s the lightest wheel out there for it? 17x8 as I’d like to keep the snow tires. So far, I’ve found the Enkei RFP1 that weighs 15.5 lbs and does not break the bank too bad.

Thats probably your best bet

volks will be the lightest but not the cheapest.

what the fuck snow tires?!

why not?

snow tires have great surface area, softer compound and are cheaper.

Car dead hooks from 40. Can’t ask for more!

yeah, he buttons up his man pants when the snow falls. Doesn’t park and hide in a garage.

RPF1’s, Jonbloeds, Gram lights, or CCW C10’s

LOL! It’s a spring/summer/fall weekend toy, but it’d drive fine in the snow if need be. Biggest concerns would be cold starts on ethanol and the 20W50 oil.

+1 on the Enkei’s. Damn good light wheel for the price.

It would probably dead hook from 10mph if it had a decent tire on it.

Your tire knowledge is lacking, Blizzak’s are well known in the Evo community to hook GREAT. I’ve never hit it in first gear but I think it’d hook fine

I guess they might not be a bad compound if the tire’s cold(ish). But in my experience neither blizzaks, nor any other snow tire holds up to heat well or has good warm traction.

Then again, they really wouldn’t, would they?

I still think any decent summer tire would do better, and might even allow you to have a little fun on roads that aren’t just a straight line. The whole ‘snow tires are a poor man’s drag radial’ ideology has always seemed like BS to me. Little, but tall, soft treadblocks and tons of sipes=squirmy as fuck=dumpy.

RPF1’s for the win.

BTW, I got better 60fts with my Dunlop Graspic DS-3 snow tires than I did with my Star Spec extreme performance tires.

rpf1s would look amazing trav

RPF1’s are your best bet most likely as far as looks/weight/price go. I would’ve gotten them for my car if they made them in the right size.

RPF1’s are ugly.

yup

http://www.ccwheel.com/img/wheel%20profiles/display/wheels/C10/photo_full_1.jpg

I didn’t buy the car for the looks, lol. RPF1’s will be going on late this season or next spring. I like the CCWs better but I’m sure they cost more.

CCWs are bank, but stronger. RPF1s are most likely lighter, and look excellent on a lot of cars. They’re no Ruff Racing, but they get the job done.