LKSi's 92' GS-R

I might go OEM after I finally get to drive this piece. I’m sure it will rev fast, but an 8lb flywheel is going to lose momentum as soon as I let off. I’ve never been in a car with this light of a flywheel. But we’ll see. Just gotta keep stacking parts.

I went from a 42lb flywheel to this 15lb one with no complaints, throttle response is AMAZING as well as (I think) an increase in low end torque. The lighter the better is what I’ve read/experienced.

lol word! my basement has stacks and stacks of all my new stuff:number1

+1

I would post pics of my parts collection also but im going to keep it on the dl for now. Plus, i dont have time to take/post pics

You’ve been in my car nubcake. 10.5# here.

It’s not goint to be detrimental in any way, just less momentum from the rotating assembly.

Didn’t know that… sweet :number1

You ever ridden a 2 stroke dirt bike?

Now you ever ridden one with flywheel weights?

Yes and no

nice

well, ya know how a 2-stroke is fairly easy to stall unless you wring it’s neck a bit?

now imagine being able to just dump the clutch without having to wring it out.

it’ll just be easier to stall.

no biggy.

I know this… I was just concerned b/c some of the guys running really light flywheels (7-8lbs) said the car falls on its face when they let off. Whatever… couldn’t pass up the deal… we’ll see how it works out

Engine braking will feel stronger for sure, but what’s wrong with that? :slight_smile:

Nothing really, I’ve dealt with it in the past and I will deal with it again!

So is it actually going to be out at all this year?

Or just some mythical 15 year old ugly ass unicorn?