loan info

lol

yea its not like i plan on being this fucking lump on the couch all my life, i would be working at the pool store as soon as business picked up in spring, but it would be hard to find a job for just the winter and starting new jobs always sucks, im pretty high up at the pool store and for the most part have it easy.

lets get back on topis tho

So, where does getting a bike come into that? I work 20hrs a week through the school year, 80hrs through the summer and have an overall GPA of 3.95 in Bioinformatics at RIT. It’s all time management. 99% of college students waste twice enough time screwing off and partying which, if used for a job, would give them a damn decent paycheck.

I wouldn’t recommend taking out money for frivolous expenses in college, there are plenty of real expenses. Plus, it’s a terrible habit to get into, taking a loan out for every nicety or amenity that you happen to want at the moment.

yea but im not looking to take out a full loan, i need the money forwared figure like 6months, im good with my money, have been sinc ei started making it, and none fo the money made from selling my car would go anywhere else other than to pay the bike off, and the probably go towards school.

reguardless tho, thats not what this discussion is about, lets stay on topic

or wait til spring and pick up my R6 :wink:

I had a cosigner because I wasn’t working full time, i was only making like $500 a week

My opinion, don’t bury yourself in debt while you’re young and fuck yourself later in life. Buy something cheap and reliable as a daily driver while you’re in school, come out mostly debt free, buy a house because your credit will be A+, then start buying toys.

yea but i dont need a car, i dont need anything, i live on campus, and rly have no need to leave, no matter what i get itll be for going out and having fun driving around

yea I love living on campus… no car is needed at all its awesome…

where abouts are you located? god i hope you aren’t on south

ellicott lol, spaulding

i mean i totally understand the idea of waiting till later in life to buy toys, but i need/want to have fun now too, and my car would be wayyy more of an investment to get it where i want it.

what im looking to pick up - '03 sv650

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/evilbologna/Dsc03960.jpg

hot.

How about if you have no money and no credit and are in school you don’t buy a motorcycle?

lol how about i do what i want and you stop posting useless info in this thread?

He’s actually giving you really good advice, he just didn’t sugar coat it the way I did.

I laugh (and sigh) all the time when I see kids taking out student loans like they’re free money, then later in life when they get their first real job, and it’s entry level @30k/year or less, they realize how fucked they are when the loan man comes knocking.

If you’re going to somehow come up with the money to buy this bike (not a loan), then put the money toward school. Or, get a reliable car you can drive year round so you can find a better part time job while you’re in school. Sure, living on campus you don’t need a car, but not having one really limits your options for jobs.

Or, if you don’t want good advice, only advice that tells you to do what you want, don’t post on the internet asking, just go do what ever it is you obviously wanted to do in the first place :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, im not posting for advice on IF i should do this or not, im posting for info of how to do it, as in iv made my mind up already, idk if you guys just dont realize this or what.

Fine, I’m just trying to keep you from making the same mistakes I made. I’m now making a decent buck but still struggling to make ends meet because of similar bad decisions that I found a way to justify a few years ago. The reason you aren’t getting the answer you want is because there is not a “good” way of going about this. But like you’ve said, you’ve already made up your mind even though you don’t know the facts. Suit yourself…

If you’re referring to your government (stafford) loans, then no you cannot increase the amount. You can go to a third party such as City Bank for a lower interest student loan, but the interest will not be deferred until you graduate like a stafford loan is. Also, you will need a co-signer. Even if you had some credit you would need a cosigner because you have no reliable income as a full time student.