so i need financial advise

well, the events that have occurred in the recent couple of months have left me in a very tight bind, and im looking for the most comfortable way to pull the dick out of my ass so to speak lol.

so i am currently an architecure student at UB, in my 3yr year.
this means i can only work weekends, and im currently working valet with Onyx.

i lost my previous job, and i was jobless for a month before josh hooked me up, and had to use my credit cards to get by. and now i am completely out of money. totally.

i have $4000 in CC debt that is half previous, and the other have because of paying rent/buying food/ paying car insurance/ gas/ etc.

so i thought about taking out a school loan to pay everything off, so i dont have to pay until i graduate. but i am afraid i maybe wont be aloud to use the money for my CC bills so im looking for other alternatives. basically as i sit right now, every dollar i make is imediately going toward rent and bills. so if i can eliminate some of this debt for a few months until i can get a second job over the summer and work my ass off i would really like to take this extra wieght off of my shoulders.

any suggestions?

Take a school loan, and stop modding your car.

i can offer some pretty expierienced help here if you have good credit or a co signer with decent credit you can take out a loan through chase tkaes about a week but they send you the check you put it in your bank account an do what you please with the money you just have to show proof of enrollment (schedule,bill,w.e) an they are very easy to deal with, i use them as does my girlfriend and we have never had any issues with them. hope that helps

i have in fact stopped modding the focus. im not even going to end up getting it painted this year, and am seriously considering dropping out of going to winged warrior because i simply wont be able to afford the gas/hotel/food. i had this great plan of buying a friend of mine’s focus for $500 with a blown motor, and returning the car to stock to sell for a huge profit and throwing in my spare motor, but his dad sold the car on him and fucked me out of the deal.

[quote=“Afrank45,post:3,topic:26801"”]

i can offer some pretty expierienced help here if you have good credit or a co signer with decent credit you can take out a loan through chase tkaes about a week but they send you the check you put it in your bank account an do what you please with the money you just have to show proof of enrollment (schedule,bill,w.e) an they are very easy to deal with, i use them as does my girlfriend and we have never had any issues with them. hope that helps

[/quote]

can you maybe PM me with some links and whatnot? and you said its a school loan? i have a decent credit score but if i get declined can i immediately re-apply with a cosigner?

[quote=“Daddie,post:2,topic:26801"”]

Take a school loan, and stop modding your car.

[/quote]

yea im almost positive you can use the school money for anything, plus it will probably be at a way better interest rate then the cc

CC debt is the worst debt to be in.

high interest = the lose

[quote=“Daddie,post:7,topic:26801"”]

high interest = the lose

[/quote]

feels sooo nice not having a credit card

or debit for that matter

[quote=“Daddie,post:7,topic:26801"”]

high interest = the lose

[/quote]

exactly, i figured a school loan would be less than 1/4 of the rate of percentage im paying right now. anyone have a hookup for a school loan i could get?

pm’ed

yes i took out some extra money paid the school a shit load of money, and they refund me the money they dont use, i bank it and use it as i please. mostly to pay rent, but if i need something its there

combine the debt to one card with the lowest interest rate.

i’m against taking school loans unless it is used to school. this isn’t free money. what if you cant pay it back out of school? you can’t assume you will be making more right away.

pay what you can each money. if your paying SOMETHING- it’s ok. be consistant.

dont take a loan to pay off another debt. bad news.

although a school loan will take care of a bunch of problems, i just dont like the idea of using a loan to pay off another loan/debt. Just my .02

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:12,topic:26801"”]

combine the debt to one card with the lowest interest rate.

i’m against taking school loans unless it is used to school. this isn’t free money. what if you cant pay it back out of school? you can’t assume you will be making more right away.

pay what you can each money. if your paying SOMETHING- it’s ok. be consistant.

dont take a loan to pay off another debt. bad news.

[/quote]

You just totally contradicted yourself, with higher interest and immediate payments to boot. :bloated: Why would you consolidate to another credit card with higher interest and immediate payments and a balance transfer fee instead of consolidate to a lower interest deferred loan??? That makes no sense.

Get a student loan. Minimize your expenses. Finish your degree. Get a real job. Dig out of your hole like every other college kid in America. Profit. Mod something better than a focus.

http://www.nextstudent.com/private_loans/private_loans.asp

heres one there are tons online just search private school loans in google. Anything you need fafsa for they are going to put a cap on what you take out and it will have to be cleared by your school so it will take a longer time plus depending on your situation i dont know it totally you may or may not be able to do the fafsa. A private loan is all credit based

“I don’t like the idea” “I don’t like the idea” blah blah blah.

Money is just NUMBERS! Don’t pay a higher interest rate just because it gives you a bad vibe!

No a student loan is not free money, but neither is a credit card! On top of a higher interest rate and immediate payments, a credit card is REVOLVING DEBT. That means that the whole time it sits there it damages your credit score.

I got an extra loan while I was in school and bills were piling up through Citibank. www.studentloan.com

a school loan is your best bet as well just dont go crazy and take an extra 5k out to mod your car. Take what you need to pay your bills . Like bikerfry said almost every college kid that pays for it themselves digs out of a hole when they get out. Just dont put yourself in a situation where you have to quit school to work because you need money. Now i dont know your living or financial situation but have you thought about living in an on campus apartment and trying to get financial aid for next semester?

Keep in mind that 3rd party student loans are not the same as federal student loans. I assume you have been smart and have taken every federally subsidized dime they will give you. If not, do so. A federally subsidized loan accrues no interest until 6 months after you graduate. It’s quite literally a free loan for the duration of your education. Even if you didn’t need it you should take it and invest it, then immediately pay it off and profit from the interest you gained on your investment.

Anyhow, just bear in mind that a 3rd party student loan differs from a federally subsidized loan in that the interest rate will be a bit higher and will accrue interest right away. There will be no payments until you graduate though. So the advantage over a credit card is:

-lower interest rate
-not “revolving debt”
-no payments required, so no penalties for missed or late payments

also to add to that biker you do have the option to pay just the interest every month on the private loan while your still in school or you can defer all of the payment included the interest until after you graduate. Federal loans are the shit btw thats why i say look into financial aid and subsidized loans however the only down fall is one a lot of paper work and two you have to deal with the school and THEY decide how much they want to let you take out. Not that you have to take that but they cap you at a point