No more boost for a year.

I’m just tired of being in debt. From school, to my credit card and personal loan. This is the year I’m finally putting my foot down. As much as I love the Tiburon, being debt free is more important to me. I have alittle over 7,500 to pay off this year, and I’m pretty much hell bent on doing it. The Tiburon would just take up more finances for tires, inspection, and insurance.

Anyone else have the feeling?

good luck

:stupid:…G/L bud

I know the feeling.

My project dropped dead almost 2 years ago. I’ve put just under 3k miles on it in that time. Other things become more important. Keep your car, though.

Mine’s on the back burner right now because of the house and wedding. It’ll just give me more to plan the next stage.

Im ready to sell everything just to pay fines

Thats why I don’t use the credit card to mod my car. If I don’t have the cash then I can’t afford it.

:wtf: is a credit card :dunno:

“If I don’t have the cash then I can’t afford it”

x2

x3

But I hear ya on that one bud. School payments suck.

I use my card for everything. Cash is played out.

Good luck on paying off debt.

I’m glad I learned this before too long… After the CC hit about $2,000 for the car I stopped. Rims are sold and suspension as well…

I had that revelation during college and I’ve never been back to the debt side. That’s why I’m hesitant to go back to school, and hesitant to buy a house, particularly with this craptastic market we’ve been having.

I like to have cash, and make impulse buys when I want something. For me it’s much more enjoyable than having debt. As much as I’d love to drive a Jeep SRT8 or a new Bimmer, I just don’t want the payment.

0% Credit Cards are FTW. My civic is sponsored by VISA. Just be smart about it.

x2

If I wanted to I could go out tomorrow and buy TA, I just dont want payments at this point. I need a townhouse or a house first

I agree, debt free FTMFW. Aside from my mortgage and the remainder of my school loans, my wife and I have no debt at all. Payments are for suckers.

I agree, have the cash before you mod. However, you should put it on a CC then pay it right off (before interest hits). Building credit FTW.

Anyway, I don’t want to turn this into a shitting on Tibby thread. But is this sort of stress worth it for that car??? That’s what you have to ask yourself.

-TJ

Not so much stress. For a Tiburon no, I wouldn’t even stress over it. If tax return’s treat me well, I will be able to keep it on the road this year. Not all of us can afford a nice car, I work within my budget and enjoy it.

:yawn:

Your post indicates the car is stressing you out. If it wasn’t an issue for you, why would you post this thread in the first place? Don’t contradict yourself.

The car is a financial burden and sometimes it stresses you out, nothing wrong with that. We all go through it. If that car (for whatever reason) is what makes you happy, and it doesn’t over-extend you financially then keep it. I was just suggesting that if you’re going to stretch yourself thin for the sake of a car make sure it is one that really makes you happy. Not one that you feel “stuck with” or loyal to for some strange reason. How far is that platform really going to get you (in whatever aspects of the automotive hobby are important to you)?

As for the “we can’t all afford nice cars” comment. So if I can afford a nice car I’m supposed to feel bad about it?

I’m just trying to help. Basically what I’m suggesting is if you can barely afford to operate a Hyundai maybe you should reconsider the hobby for now. Determine your priorities (Drag, AutoX, Road Course, Car Show, Rally, Drift, Blah, Blah) and then come back to the hobby once your financial situation has improved. At that point you can pick a car which has at least some potential in your chosen area(s) of interest.

-TJ

My first post was simply stating my car would ad up for a few more hundred dollars that I should not spend until I get my debt out of the way. 1/12 of my debt is from my car, which I paid cash for. Personal loans and credit cards are what this thread was about.

I could easily go spend some money on new tires, insurance for another six months, and a inspection and be happy, but it’s just money I can see going to better my finanical situation.

And the “we all cannot afford nice cars” comment wasn’t directed towards you at all. If you can afford any car of your choice and live without eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, more power to you. It’s not my place to tell you how to spend your money or pick your hobbies.

I am by no means stretching myself, sure, it’s nice to have a hobby, but hobbies can go on hold, which this one is. I’m not trying to compare my car vs. your car, just simply stating that most of my recurring debt is from other things then my car.

buy a vespa