No more boost for a year.

Man that is why I don’t borrow money. All I will go into debt for are my cars and my house. I won’t borry money for anything else. I only use credit for when I am out of town on business and use my reimbursement check to pay it off at the end of the month. Good luck getting out of debt. There are a lot more important things than your car.

Everytime I get behind the wheel of my truck it puts a smile on my face (iI usually giggle, as I am doing a holeshot the next block from my house). I drive it like I stole it. I’ve got close to $50k in it over the 17 years I’ve owned it (sickening, yes - but that’s only $2900/yr or $241/month - that’s cheap for the amount of fun it can be) . I don’t ever even concern myself or worry about insurance, fuel, tires, etc. Those are necessary costs for me to enjoy the hobby. I don’t drink (excessivly), smoke, do drugs, etc. My Vice is my toys. I have friends that have wasted more $$ on cigarettes in that same 17yrs. At least I have something to show for it. I couldn’t even imagine my life without a Hot Rod of some sort.

I understand that you want to get out of debt. You still need to enjoy yourself in life. If saving a few hundred dollars a year is what it takes to get your finances back on track, consider skimping on other things. If this hobby is something you really enjoy, then enjoy it.

I could not have said it better myself. Jeff and I always talk that drugs would have been cheaper but boy cars are fun! Burning up tires, race gas, other wear and tear shit… that is all part of the amusement tax!

X2

I cannot just leave it be, It always has to be bigger,faster, stronger.

there is no doubt that this is the worst hobby to get into, because i it never stays a “hobby” it turns into an addiction! <—and one that there is NO REHAB for!!