so i need financial advise

Get rid of your focus,its probably whats causing your problems in the first place.

haha, i wish i had only 4K of credit card debt. I have a lot more cash in/out, though…

like i said i use my money to pay rent, there is extra there also so if i cant pay back, i can use that to make payments

[quote=“BikerFry,post:14,topic:26801"”]

You just totally contradicted yourself, with higher interest and immediate payments to boot. :bloated: Why would you consolidate to another credit card with higher interest and immediate payments and a balance transfer fee instead of consolidate to a lower interest deferred loan??? That makes no sense.

Get a student loan. Minimize your expenses. Finish your degree. Get a real job. Dig out of your hole like every other college kid in America. Profit. Mod something better than a focus.

[/quote]

i said to another credit card with a lower interest fee. immediate payments- so what. he can pay something. he’s working a bit. but if he choses to ignore his debt for a few more years. so be it. it won’t go away.

but what do i know.

i’ve never taken a loan in my life. nor have i ever had any debt and i’ll have 3 degrees in may. thank god for being blessed or…spoiled. :stuck_out_tongue:

You do have credit cards right?

yes i do. but i don’t see the bills when they come :wink:

Haha OK good. Just making sure you have a credit history. Sounds like yours is better than mine. :slight_smile:

www.educationmaximizer.com

consolidate to a lower interest rate… most appealing being a loan. But you know this already, it’s been repeated several times in this thread already.

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:26,topic:26801"”]

yes i do[have a CC]. but i don’t see the bills when they come :wink:

[/quote]

so then you shouldn’t be allowed to tell other people how to manage their money when you don’t manage your own.

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:24,topic:26801"”]

i said to another credit card with a lower interest fee. immediate payments- so what. he can pay something. he’s working a bit. but if he choses to ignore his debt for a few more years. so be it. it won’t go away.

but what do i know.

i’ve never taken a loan in my life. nor have i ever had any debt and i’ll have 3 degrees in may. thank god for being blessed or…spoiled. :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

You do know you CAN pay student loans at any time, even if they are in deferrment, correct?

There is NO credit card that can come anywhere NEAR touching the interest rate of a student loan, even if it’s private.

Get rid of the bloody CC’s and you’ll have much more money in the long run. I can’t even imagine how much interest it is monthly on $4k…

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:29,topic:26801"”]

so then you shouldn’t be allowed to tell other people how to manage their money when you don’t manage your own.

[/quote]

lol trust me hunnie i manage my money very well. i do work 3 jobs :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks tho. loans/credit cards are a bad idea. period. keep transferring your debt around. that will get you far.

i’m outta this thread.

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:31,topic:26801"”]

lol trust me hunnie i manage my money very well.

[/quote]

“DAD! my Credit Card Bill came in the mail today!”

:wink:

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:32,topic:26801"”]

[/quote]

now thats management

i’m outta this thread.

[/quote]

good move :tup:

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:32,topic:26801"”]

[/quote]

ahahaha ill ask my mom for u nick she deals with this stuff all day every day

lol trust me hunnie i manage my money very well. i do work 3 jobs :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks tho. loans/credit cards are a bad idea. period. keep transferring your debt around. that will get you far.

i’m outta this thread.

[/quote]

Good. You’re just spreading bad information.

The best thing you can do is get a low interest loan.

Stay away from rolling it onto credit cards, becaus 9/10 the low interest rate only last for a certain time period, after which they will jack that shit to high heaven. Then you will always be chasing a low interest card to roll over your money too. It’s a never ending cycle. They like to play silly games like the low interest will stay for your current purchases, but the balance you transferred over only maintains the low interest for a year, or six months. There are always loopholes.

Sit down, write down all your expenses, then all your incoming funds. Make the necessary adjustments so that you are not living beyond your means, and sacrifice what isn’t necessary. That includes cable, modding your car, whatever. Get on the grind, get some extra income, and knock that loan down. It will take time but in the end you will be better off.

CREDIT CARDS ARE LIKE INSURANCE. BIG SCAM. THEY ARE OUT TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOU.

Keep one for an emergency, and DONT USE IT. EVER. UNLESS YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.

I learned that the hard way. I can tell you from experience life without credit cards is much more worry free.

Worst case scenario, you might have to file a Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy. I don’t know how the laws are on that stuff since they keep changing them it seems.

I know you were just speaking in general terms, but $4k of CC debt ain’t no thang. No need for the B word. Just in case HRK reads this and gets a knot in his stomach at the thought of bankruptcy… That’s reserved for special cases like fucked businesses and people with $50k of CC debt and $30k of annual income.

has anyone suggested moving back home…?

[quote=“Daddie,post:2,topic:26801"”]

stop modding your car.

[/quote]

Never have more money in your car than you do in your IRA.