Local optometrist produces 'most affordable' supercar

what is weird is that the term supercar keeps being used, but after reading about 8 seconds of the article, it turns out… it’s a GM…?

Who gives a shit. I drive myself better car / truck driver then you. in the end what you going to do about it??

I will drive 3-18 speeds better then you.

I go sideways with 80,000 pounds you go sideways with 3,000 pounds of dildos

you provide dildos

What will I do about it? Nothing, cuz I don’t really give a shit either lol. Never claimed I was the best, its just my opinion on the car. Someone said would I like to drive a 500hp mid engine car for free I wasn’t going to say no.

hey fucktard,the engine is LS7 GM & the trans is a Porsche 6spd!:d

fuck that doctor and fuck damian. just ask that one girl or dude or whatever that had their honda “swapped” at his shop. ask that one guy on here that damian disappeared with his kids money for months then sent him a manifold, damian never did shit to me and he is one hell of a fabricator but he also has a bucket of unfinished promises and you cant run a business like that.

awesome! so half of it is right.

:booty:

the front half:booty:

x2

I really like the products that factory five has put out, and think it’s great strides for “kit cars” but at the same point, don’t feel this guy isn’t just selling a completed kit car and therefore have a hard time getting real excited by it, or giving it a lot of respect.

so…this car that they call the the GT-malan, from everything i can see…is a factory five racing GTM.

copied directly from factoryfive.com

GTM (LS6) Build Cost Sheet

Kit Price:
Base kit price $19,900
Seat track $69

Donor Corvette:
2001 Corvette Z06 24,000 miles $10,500
Replacement radiator $160
Replacement front upper control arm $157
Replacement front lower control arm $208

Drivetrain:
1991 Porsche 911 transaxle w/ starter $2,400
Replacement clutch $380
CV joints $80

Exterior:
Paint Job $7,000
Wheels $900
Tires $875

Interior:
Stereo $280
Speakers $135

Total: $43,044.00

now lets say you add another 12K if you only use a new GM crate motor and new porsche transmission. that puts it right around 55K, so 45K to assemble it? hmm… maybe if the car was completely different than a GTM it would be one thing.

If your really hard up for one, check ebay. I’ve seen them between 20-30k for ones people completed on their own. But yea Jason nailed it, its a factory five GTM assembled for you with some different options.

http://www.gtmalan.com/

Edit: I do remember the post on here about Damian and screwing up the Prelude he was working on. I know the car I drove there was all kinds of little odd things. Seat didn’t slide (not really unusual in a car like that, but still a basic convenience it lacked). Harnesses were mounted very badly, mine didn’t even hold me in it just sorta laid on top of me. Key ignition was right above my left knee, hence twice I shut the car off on course from bumping it. At least 2-3 times it didn’t want to start. Steering ratio was slower than my civic, which if you’ve driven civics you can imagine trying to catch this thing while it was in a spin. But again, the early builds they are trying all sorts of different stuff so who knows. It was a fun ride, but I could think of a few cars before it that I would pick up if I had 100k laying around.

What connection does Damian of all people actually have with this? Seems destined for failure…

he screws everyone just like the Doc does!

Unless thee is more of a connection to Alan Autosports than I am aware of, Alan Autosports didn’t even build a single car yet, the three “prototypes” were all built by RPM Hot Rods.

the orange black was built by someone else,gone over by RPM,the last two i beleeave RPM did them both!

If you read the Article, Damian is the COO…

worst car on earth… I could build a better car with staples and postage stamps.

I’d rather build it myself and know what I got.

I’m not impressed by the article. If it were a complete ground up custom built ‘supercar’ than it would be an accomplishment.

The GTM??

both of those cars were at the VGP at beaverun and it was embarrassing…

I believe he’s referring to the car this has “built”