Local scrap metal disposal

Looking to get a few bucks for some beat ass Audi rims i’ve got sitting around. I was checking out a thread from '08, figured i’d start a new one with more recent testimonial.

Any clue on what these places fetch per #?

Scrap prices vary daily is how I understand it. I took my shit to twin village, it was super easy. Pull on the scales, dump the shit off, pull back on the scales and get money. The scrap guys that pick up in my neighborhood all use Diamond Hurwitz, they say that they pay the highest but I needed the saturday hours of twin village.

Will they bitch considering they still have tires on them?

you gotta get the tires off of them first.

its like $5 a tire

I scrapped a set of 18" Sportec Mono 10 knockoffs a few years ago at R&R. They weighed as much as a battle ship and I got $87 for the four of them.

Are you back in buffalo?

Yeah.

Gotta get these out of my buddies garage in the next few days. Will twin village pull the rubber off the rims for me, or am I going to be forced to make multiple stops to unload these?

they wont pull it off. they will charge you 3 - 5 tire disposal fee, but on just a set of wheels, they might not even take them because its more trouble than its worth, plusd they cant pay you per weight, when tires weigh something.

craigslist them for like 20$ and youll be ahead of the game.

Ancient bump. I have an old ass 70’s beast of a snowblower that worked last year but quit this year when I needed it. LOL
What might something like that even scrap for? Worth avoiding the CL riff raff and taking into a scrap joint?

Probably 20 bucks

what do you mean “quit”…maybe it’s repairable? I’d take it off your hands if you wanna ditch it lol. I could maybe get it running if it’s some old beast like an ariens or something

It’s definitely repairable. It’s a Jacobson Imperial 26. I’m uncertain of the HP because it’s not a 626 or 826 that gives away the HP in the model. It threw fine last year, considering the distance I’m guessing it’s an 8 but don’t quote me. There are no broken pins, bolts or anything like that. Good chains on the wheels, also it’s not all rotted out. It’s worth fixing…I’m just not a mechanic type guy.

It almost started when I sandpapered the plug and plug connect. The plug connect is pretty rusty and might just not be providing ample spark. Yes, I’m lazy and probably should just fix it but I’m not going to. I want something reasonable for it, It’s not rotten trash. That said I do need to get it out of the way. LOL

You have enough shit wasting space in your garage.

LMAO. So do I, you ruined my clutter cleaning sale. :stuck_out_tongue:

C list it with pics.
There are guys looking to get old snowblowers all the time.

Think $50-60 if its a real beast.
$150 if it was running.

Scrap will give you loose iron weight, like 10-15 cents per pound

Will do. Thanks for the into and suggestions guys. I had $50 in mind so if I get that I’ll be happy and so will the person that buys it, fixes it and sells it for $$$. :slight_smile:

Did you end up selling it? Because theres one up on craigslist just like it for a decent amount of money. If it isn’t the one already for sale, you could spend a little to get it fixed and make some money

The one for $285? Who wants to give me $50 and probably just sand the plug connection to get this started? I didn’t sell it yet, get it while we still have snow. Sellers market. :wink: