Log homes

Anyone have one built ?? I am looking into building one and I have some plans I like but am unsure of who to trust as a contractor. Any help would be great. Also any one that knows a good contractor that would be willing to do one let me know.

Build time is within 12-14 months and I am just trying to get my bearings on it and get a solid plan before going head deep.

Thanks guys

My Dad built a log home 2 years ago… It’s beautiful.

The place he bought the home from assembled the logs and roof then he had to get a contractor to finish the rest… plumbing wiring and such

He just got the foundation covered in stone looks great.

they are not as cheap as they are advertised. Make sure you get ALL the details

PS: He had to clean every log as they were all mildewey and dirty… that was pain in teh ass.

Apparently there’s yearly treatment, then some kind of treatment you do every 5 years…bees love logs, worms love logs, hell, everything that burrows digs or nests loves logs!

"What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor’s dog?
What’s great for a snack and fits on your back?
It’s Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!
Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log!"

Yeah a log home is more expensive per sq ft than a traditional stick frame home. But yes you do treat the wood for bugs and mildew and should get the home stained.

Where did he buy the log kit from, if you remember that would help. I was looking into Lincoln Log kits but I know there is a bunch more.

log homes FTW

If I see my mom’s neighbor out and about I’ll talk to him. He had one built about 5 years ago. Beautiful home.

Steve, i belive Pushkis and his dad built some when they lived in colorado maybe hit him up and see what he says.

My dad built his house from a kit like 15 years ago. they are sick but i think they are more of a pain in the ass than anything. You have to stain once every 4 years or so. you have to have it sprayed for all kinds of bugs and bees twice a year. Those drill bees drill the shit out of the house. wood peckers are always pecking away. when i used to get woke up from one i would walk outside with the shotty. Overall I would say they are costly and require a lot of work. Insulation is good though

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

i haven’t heard that song in so long lol

We put stone on the foundation of one in seven springs last year…the house was bad assssssss