looking around for a roof rack

Im looking for a roof rack for my 2000 civic coupe or my wifes 2011 civic 4 door. I would like to be able to use it for ski/snowboard, bike and kayaks. I have never had one before and dont have any experience with them. just looking for some pointers or tips. Im unsure if it would do any harm to the roof considering it is not made for one so if you have any tips to add please do. I think I am looking for something used because I dont want to shell out a bunch of money.

http://fitlookup.yakima.com/fitlookup.aspx

Then order the corresponding Q towers, clips, and crossbars from amazon. That’ll give you a base rack, then it’s only a matter of purchasing the appropriate accessories for your specific gear that you wish to carry.

Also, if you’re going to use it for Kayaks, definitely order the stretch kit to go along with your base rack.

Ive had great luck with Yakima, the ski racks I was using were almost 20 yrs old and still worked like new when I got rid of them.

thanks for the info. i figured a stretch kit for my 2 door but do i need it on my wifes 4 door civic too?

I have a brand new ski/snowboard attachment i’d sell if you were interested. Its still in the box.

no stretch kit for 4 door.