My wife's new rack

…and mine too.

So over the last few months I have been piecing together roof racks for our two cars. Searching Craigslist wherever I have family or friends to find the right price, relatives with things laying around and a barter here and there, I am ready for winter.

My car -
I got the towers with clips, bars, a basket and waterproof cargo carrier for $125. Currently have the basket and cargo carrier for sale. I did order locks and a new fairing from Yakima using my Ski Patrol discount because they were cheaper new then trying to find used online.

Wife’s car -
Found the rail grab kit on craigslist for $50. My plan is to get a piece of plexi and make a fairing for her or check craigslist periodically.

Got 1 box from my cousin and the larger box in a friendly barter. No more folded down seats and jamming snowy ski gear in the car.

Awesome. I hate having slush in the car from snow that melts off the snowboard or boots. Doing it on the cheap is even better.

I’m trying to find a rack for my car, but i need to piece everything together for cheap, some q38 clips, 4 q towers, a fairing, ski rack, and cross bars, its a shame thule doesn’t make a rack for my car

Very disappointed with the misleading title. I demand satisfaction!

I was surprised at how much these things can cost. Sheesh!

Looks good pat :tup:

Great deals, I ended up getting a roof rack at the end of winter last year, piecing stuff together.

Now all you need is more low and some streched tires. But seriously that’s cool that you took the time to piece it together and save some cash.

Your wife’s got a nice rack…and an Si, impressive…I like the RSX wheels on it too…

If you care about your ski gear, a slushy mess can be avoided. Nice rack on your wife though. With that size car she will always be able to take more in than you could.

Nicely done. Just picked up a thule myself

For those who were looking for possibly something else when opening this thread…

http://www.footballforum.com/attachments/swim-suit-forum/867d1249394154-hot-girls-thread-gemma-atkinson-05.jpg

how hard is it to get the your wifes rack off?

thank you…

Removed NWS posts… you guys post that stuff and 20+ people get bumped off the forum by their work filters.

Knew this was going to be disappointed, but was surprised when I saw this…

SOON

Damn there were NWS posts in this thread and I missed them.

This.