Looking for a Camcorder....

Ok…short and sweet. I am in the market to buy a camcorder. Must be High-def and hard drive type. Also, the smaller the footprint the better. Anyone here work at bestbuy or a technology store that can give their .02 cents?

for shirtless videos?

:headbang:hells yeah!!! I want to make sure i get the perfect image and clearity…so you and ILCIsDEAD can see and touch yourselves to the videos :smiley:

When you find a decent one post up…im looking for a one.

Sony has a 30GB hd one, a bit to bulky though. Canon has one too, but used tape.

Didn’t Jack or someone just recently buy a HD video camera? I’d say check out some in store ones at BB/CC etc. and then check for online pricing.

^ Ya, the best place I found so far is Circuit City. They have the best display of gadgets IMO. I think I am gonna wait and see what comes down the pipe from JVC, Sony, and Canon in the next few weeks.

I just picked up the Sony HDR-SR1.

30gb HDD
1080i
7 hours HD
11 hours HD (Long Play)
4MP Stills
Nightshot
Steady thingie
Pimp touch screen

If you want to check it out you’re more than welcome to. I’m absolutely amazed by the clarity, even on the 3.5" LCD. You can take still while you’re filming (extremely handy), but if you don’t take pics, you can pull stills right off the video because it is fucking amazing. These were taken from video, captured while my friend was sitting in my running 6 wheeler about 1000 feet away.

The software that came with is captures the stills, crops the video, and converts to MPEG2 if you need it to. There isn’t a lot of support for AVCHD but once you convert it, you can play with it anywhere. I have not viewed the videos on a HD TV yet, cause I don’t have one, but there is a HDMI connector on the cam, as well as component (included) and the RCA jacks (included). You can change the quality of the video, and I think you can get something like 30hrs of SD (standard definition).

It is not bulky at all really. This is a camcorder, not a pocket sized still cam. I want a tripod to really take advantage of the clarity of the cam without my shaking fucking it up.

a decent shirtless video? or camcorder?

HD camcorders sorted by rating
Any price range? buying from best buy and comp usa is stupid. find the camera you want and please please order it through somewhere else using like price grabber or something

That sony you have is Nice!!! I am hoping to get something simular but in a smaller body. HD is the way to go!!! And for ILCisDEAD, I would never buy from a local store. Why bother paying sales tax on a $1,000 item.

Canon option:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=177&modelid=14869

does this have a hard drive or tape?

:lol:

Thats it!!! Your getting photo-chopped Biaaaaaatch!:eyebrow:

Recording Media High Definition miniDV (recommended) (63min.) or miniDV cassette

^ I wonder why everyone is not moving to the hard drive option and using mpeg4 compression. thats what most SD based camcorders are beginning to do these days…

Yea, Harddrives seem like they would be a much better option but with everything it seems like it has its pros and its cons
for instance, can you swap harddrives?
if your harddrive dies or becomes faulty is it an easy fix?

^ im sure it is a micro-drive and it would be replaceable.

AVCHD is I believe a modified version of MPEG2… and then MPEG2 again… compressing it 2x.

I’ve heard of guys using harddrives from like 80gb IPODS for their SR1s… I have no need for that yet.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/marc750/IMG_5410.jpg

We could make a photochop contest…

i had to bring this back its been a while since it was up :slight_smile:

^ at least now I know what your desktop background looks like.