Looking for a fall semester engineering intern.

OGSI has an immediate opening for an engineering intern for the Fall 2006 semester at our North Tonawanda facility. Responsibilities will include assisting with all engineering related activities such as new product development, refinement of existing products for quality and value, creation of engineering documentation, and providing engineering support to production, sales, service, and marketing.

The qualified applicant will have completed at least 2 years of Aerospace/Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical engineering school. Good hands-on ability and strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary. It is preferable that the applicant be able to work full time (40 hours per week,) however other situations may be considered.

Send your cleanly formatted and thoroughly spell and grammar checked cover letters and resumes to me at jfry@ogsi.com

you know they will just go to Viatan or GiP 50 after the graduate :smiley:

Haha yep, but at least I can use them without paying them an degreed engineer’s salary. :tup:

yup… just like Viatran
:lol:

:biglaugh: Viatran University, right? Ongoing work experience program…

I’m not going to say anything else cynical, or else we’ll scare off any potential applicants!

If you are reading this thread with hopes of applying… don’t worry about how much the pay is. Do it because field-experience is invaluable. My tip for all future engineers… GAIN EXPERIENCE DURING SCHOOL!

Come on guys, at this point I’m just going to hire the applicant with the least broken english in his cover letter despite the fact that his resume suggests that he doesn’t know which way to spin a drill. :mad:

DISCLAIMER IN CASE ANY LAWYERS READ THIS: The broken english comment in no way suggests that foreign applicants are at a disadvantage. I really could not care less where an applicant is from. We are not equal opportunity, so I will be hiring the best candidate whether they are from Buffalo or South Korea. If an applicant cannot take the time or find the resources to ensure that his cover letter is written with correct grammar then it is likely that the same mistakes will show up in their work, which I will not tolerate.

TTT

I’ll be making phone calls tomorrow.

I wish i had this kind of opportunity while i was in school.

hell yeah - anyone who’s in engineering that doesn’t even try for this, that has no other internship lined up - is a fool. at least try. very cool opportunity :slight_smile:

Check your PMs Bikerfry!

Anyone who’s a real engineer that wants a jobby job should PM me :wink: