Looking for a receiver

I’m in the market for a home audio reciever. preferably something w/ a mono sub output. will settle for 2.1 but 7.1 seems to be standard now a days. trying to keep it under $500, around 75w/channel @ 8 ohms and should b capable of hitting as low as 12hz(ish). needs at least 5 inputs. doesn’t have to do video but would be a plus. i’d b paring this w/ a marantz vc5200 dvd player and would like to get the most out of it.

Integra…

Onkyo will get you in that ball park.

check this site daily they always haev one for sale.

http://dealoco.com/

integra/Onkyo is a good value and well in your price range. I had one a while back and honestly, it was flat sounding and seriously lacking any balls despite the power ratings.

I highly recommend sticking with Marantz at this pricepoint – that’s what I’m running on my 5.1 now. Granted - I’m also using a 5 channel rotel amp with the preouts from the Marantz to bi-power my speakers for some serious power. (I’m still using the marantz built in amp for my rears).

So what i’m saying, is pick up a nice Marantz that’s a couple years old. If you still don’t have enough power, then save some power then use the preouts and get a powerful amp to drive your speakers.

check out http://www.audiogon.com/ for some GREAT deals.

something like the marantz SR6300 6.1 for $390 100w x 6.
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?miscrcvr&1211661420

you also can’t go wrong with rotel if you can find a good deal.

I know you are a great receiver :slight_smile:

I’m pleased with the Yamaha receiver I just bought. 100w/channel. 5.1. Plenty of I/O including a subwoofer output. It was only $200. I spent another $350 on a set of Polk speakers and I’m quite happy with the results.

Sounds like you might be looking at higher end stuff though. :shrug:

only for you you little cunt…

Do you still like when i talk dirty?

I’m pretty sure this is the one I bought:
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/productdetail.html?CNTID=567569&CTID=5000300&ATRID=1000&DETYP=ATTRIBUTE

I sure do… but my keyboard doesnt

HK 247 and Klipsch speakers here.

Pretty happy with the setup.

reminds me of the audio nerd joke:

"Paul Klipsch is walking down the street one day and see’s his old buddy Dr. Amar Bose walking towards him. Mr. Klipsch cups his hands up to his mouth making a horn and say’s loudly “Good morning Dr. Bose, how are you?”. Upon seeing his friend Mr. Klipsch and hearing his greeting, Dr. Bose turns around, faces the opposite direction and says “a very good morning to you Mr Klipsch. I’m well thank you, and yourself?”. "

:lolsign:

I run a Denon and am very happy with it, had it for years.

Definitive Technologies speakers.

Velodyne and Klipsch Subwoofers.

i’m currently running a heathkit ap-1615 pre-amp to an aa-1506 amp. the 6000uF cap blew out on me causing my left channel to fall short power wise. i figure it’s time for something new and i was thinking of going w/ marantz. my dad was a hi-fi guy in his younger years and got me into this stuff. my sub woofer is made up of a 16" speaker, same exact model that was in “voice of the theatre”(you old guys will know what i’m talking about). only problem w/ that as my sub is it’s a single voice coil so i’m having trouble sending L+R signals to it for true all around bass. so a mono sub output would be killer. and my 2 main speakers that i built are 12" eminence woofers, and 4" vifa tweeters w/ some unknown 5" midrange which is keeping up exceptionally well.

I currently have a Yamaha receiver with some Yamaha NS-555 tower speakers and 2 Klipsch subs. Also have some older Yamaha bookshelf type speakers for rears. Decent sounding on a budget. I’m also in the market for a new reciever because my speakers could use some more juice and I’d like HDMI inputs. But I’ve been very happy with my Yamaha products to date.

Hmm, mind if I ask why you want it to go down to 12Hz?
Since humans can’t really hear below 20Hz or so?
Just wondering.

I use an Onkyo TX DS-787 and am extremely pleased with it.
Bought it used off craigslist for $60
[retailed for $999 and is on ebay for 175+… figure I got quite a steal there]

Onkyo = :tspry: in my books.

Just cuz you can’t hear it doesn’t mean you can’t feel it. they use an 18hz(?) organ pedal in pink floyd’s dark side of the moon album. it might not be audible but boy you feel it good.

good system for cheap