Looking for a new receiver...

Any a/v nerds have some input on getting a Yamaha RX-V661 receiver? I could also consider the Onkyo 605. I am basically looking for good bang for the buck, but will consider receivers up to $1k. That being said, both of the receivers mentioned above can be had for under $400 so anything pushing the $1k limit better have some huge (and noticeable) advantages.

Onkyo 705 or 805

both under a k.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cIyiSgql1lZ/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=10420&s=0&c=4&cc=01&compareItems=580TXS605S&compareItems=580TXS705B&compareItems=580TXS805B

Comparison of all 3.
I just got a 805 and i love it.

higher end systems have THX

You have a problem and need to get some help !!!

Any good reason to go for 805 vs. 705. Either one will have plenty of power for me. I’m not sure if there is a substantial difference in THX quality between the two? I know a lot of people like yamaha. Is the 861 worth looking at?

I wouldent even get it for the THX to be honest.
Its just a set of standards that lucas put on.

i got the top harman kardon one when i worked at circuit city, probably comparable to this current one:

the store sold it to customers for $1000, i got it for $280 through employee pricing directly from harman kardon. Go to circuit city and pay some kid 50 bucks to order you a receiver, save yourself 70%

if you are looking for an inexpensive unit with some good features (pass through hdmi)

I love my Onkyo with polk components

Here are some Onkyo deals

anyone else have some input?

edit: shit you are looking for a receiver not a processor, I started looking at a couple for you and then started shopping for me… sorry

EDIT x2: get this http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?intamult&1194275914

Whos the parent company behind Integra?

I personally am a fan of Denon

Onkyo–its theyre top of the line, unless you go onkyo professional.

Rotel

he said under a k.

for me it is. I was just throwing that out there. Onkyo makes some great stuff

had a harmon kardon 200 somthin and it was amazing, had it paired with some bose 201 and 301’s and a polk sub.

i loved it and it was a system on a budget.

never comment in an audio recommendation thread again

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

wait hold on…

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

where can u find a 7.1 rotel for under a grand?

used market, but they are not worth there price for digital…

the ones ive seen are only 2.1 and they are around 800 bucks, if your into sound only then those models are the ones.