Looking for a new receiver...

I dont see the point of 7.1

No one makes media for it.

So Onkyo Professional is better than Integra?

Who else is on that same level as Integra, Onkyo Pro.

rotel, krell.

[quote=“BuickGN,post:22,topic:36265"”]

rotel, krell.

[/quote]

krell>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> onkyo/integra

there is also bryston, sunfire, (fuck who makes the trivista, it completely skips my mind right now), musical fidelity

ohh yeah krell rocks, wish i could afford it lol

So Krells are what like 3k?

Marantz is also high end.

[quote=“The_Russian,post:25,topic:36265"”]

So Krells are what like 3k?

[/quote]

for a 10 year old used model.

they actually use fully independent circuitry and usually have to do seperates, you get the processor and do monoblock on a speaker by speaker basis, or do what I am slowly doing, monoblock the front with a three channel for the rest of a 5.1 setup

put it this way the baby krell integrated is $3.5K off the shelf

EDIT: yes there is also marantz and then you can start stepping into the wonderful world of tubes, Rogue MacIntosh etc…

If your going to by a krell you arent going to want a all in one, seperates will be the way to go.

Edit:crap…already posted lol

I knew about Macintosh.

what your talking about is just way out of my league.

I think an Krell will probably as high end as I ever go.

And Integra is the realistic alternative.

http://integrahometheater.com/model.cfm?m=DTC-9.8&class=Separates&p=f

This one is new and is getting alot of attention on avsforums.

would be but that is also just a processor, I really wish I could find a DTR 10.4, slot loaded receivers rock.

Wow, the Integra i was just looking at was 60 pounds

My Denon is like 15. hahahaha…

Thats so much poweerrrrrr

[quote=“The_Russian,post:32,topic:36265"”]

[/quote]

some of the rotel crap we ship is 135+. I guess that just comes along with the 12K price tag. Would go nice with some B&W 803s at 13k/pr

B&W signature diamond >

[quote=“The_Russian,post:32,topic:36265"”]

[/quote]

my krell KAV300iL is I think 60ish pounds, the good krell stuff is upwards of 100 pounds per monoblock

my bose speakers are heavy

My Definitive Tech speakers are 80 lbs a piece

[quote=“66impalass,post:16,topic:36265"”]

never comment in an audio recommendation thread again

[/quote]

why, because of the bose? i have had them for years (got them for xmas and they sound decent. i do understand and agree with the fact that bose do not preserve the sound but rather change it and if i had the money i would have found better speakers.

the reciever however was what i was trying to comment on, it had great features, low distortion, and was a good price. compaired to the onkyo’s, sony’s (crap), and denon’s that i checked out the harmon kardon just made sense.

just a quick question for those of you with high end stuff, does anyone buy into that monster crap? i mean shure to a point i can understand where you need a good quality rca and speaker wire but i was given a set of the M series speaker wire that reatils for ~$500 for a short pair (i think they are 6ft but i havent even took them out in a year). they do sound better than run of the mill radiocrap wire but i can hear the differance between that and a good quality spool of high grade copper 16 guage.

If anyone has a really $$$ setup, I would love to hear it, to see If I can hear a difference between my $2000 total setup vs whatever yours may be.

I run a Denon AVR-1603 5.1 70 watts/per
Definitive Technologies BP-8s
Velodyne CHT-8

here’s a pic of me when i listen to my system

http://www.netweed.com/prohiphop/graf/maxellguysmall.jpg