Any Home Theater experts..?

If I want to spend < $2k on a nice 7.1 receiver and some speakers (probably only use 5.1 at this point, but I want to be able to add the last 2 speakers later once more movies actually are recorded in and support 7.1) what should I get.

I was thinking about something like this:

Receiver:
[ame=“http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UPBQOO/ref=amb_link_7352232_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=auto-sparkle&pf_rd_r=0EBMVYFTCQGJQ8WVPXH0&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=430302201&pf_rd_i=denon”]Denon AVR-888[/ame]
or
Onkyo TX-SR606

Klipsch Spearkers:
Klipsch F-2 Synergy Fronts
Klipsch RC52 Center
Klipsch Synergy SS.5 Rears
Klipsch Synergy Sub-10 Sub

Thoughts?

-TJ

my thoughts?

you have too much fucking money. I know you don’t have the figure for gay stripping anymore, so I’m starting to get worried where you’re steady influx of cash is coming from.

but since this is On-Topic, I’ve heard lots of good things about Onkyo and Klipsch. My Klipsch computer speakers are fantastic.

This is what I bought… [ame=“http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-HTR-5960BL-7-1-Channel-Digital-Receiver/dp/B000ENMISU”]Amazon.com: Yamaha HTR-5960BL 7.1-Channel Digital Home Theater Receiver: Electronics[/ame]

I love it. And I can’t wait till they start actually supporting the 7.1 surround. but it sounds amazing in my loft with the stereo on or a CD or my Ipod hooked up. But out of the two you are looking at, I would go with the Onkyo. But it is your money. I would recomend The yamaha though. Can’t go wrong with it.

As far as the speakers go, klipsch is some good stuff. I thought about them but opted for yamaha Speakers as well. it was a toss up. the main reason was to brand match with the Receiver.
Good luck…

all of my audiophile buddies love the denon recivers, take a listen to atlantic technologys speakers they sound awsome and kinda the same price range

Bought my sister an Onkyo surround sound system and it’s really nice. I also bought my brother a Klipsch system which I liked better. I’ve always been a fan of Klipsch products.

So long as you find something with the features you needs, you really can’t go wrong with either.

Denon > Onkyo all day

I’ve only heard good things about Klipsch, but never spent any “real” time listening to them. If you have a local audio shop and the time to listen around, check out Paradigm… I’ve been really happy with them, and they are priced decent

Denon owns

Speakers eh I like sony for the bass in movies.

denon or yamaha imo

quit fucking around with best buy stuff. :smiley:

my uncle has an older NAD setup with Vandersteen speakers, it is amazing to listen to.

http://nadelectronics.com/index

http://www.vandersteen.com/

holy shit i havent seen or heard of that company in years.
from what i remember its better sound then top of the line bose.

and bose are extremely well sounding.

Denon/Klipsch setup here too… can’t go wrong. I only run 5.1 on mine and its crazy sick during movies. I also got the Denon up converting DVD player.

I would really like to invest in a nice remote to control it all. My buddy operates a very high-end home theater shop in sewickley. I know you are in Cali but I’m sure he can have things drop shipped if you have specific model numbers on what you want. He just offered me a demo remote for $150… http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WkmgJ41oTPS/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?I=596AUR1000 …haven’t got around to picking it up yet. For that price range though, I don’t think you can go wrong with what you are looking at. I know some of the even higher end stuff he installs he has had problems and has to send it back to europe for service/repair.

Can you see what he could do on the model #s in my first post? Thanks!!!

-TJ

Yankellos.

all the answers are found here:

yamaha > *

B&O’s rock… but they are alittle pricey… my paradigm’s replaced a set of B&O speakers

granted they we’re a set of towers from the mid-60’s that I got from my dad… but they were still incredible performers and got me through High School and College and a little mroe

my first apartment, my aunt gave me a mid-80s B&O system (over 100lb of stainless steel and wood), and two (roughly) 4’x3’ Boston Acoustics speakers.

I was asked to leave the (solid concrete) apartment building within months, even though I had never had the volume over about 40%.

WOW! your speakers get loud…that says a lot about it…saweeeeeeet. I wish my speakers got loud.

tj - I talked to my buddy and he said for the level of receiver you are looking at, buying through him wouldn’t be much of a discount and not worth the efforts. He did mention that the Onkyo stuff at Amazon/CC/Best Buy is likelass B stuff, different than what they sell. Just go witha 7.1 Denon/Klipsch setup and you will be happy. If you are looking for some crazy shit more in the $4K+ range let me know.

my brother just bought a denon receiver and some amazing speakers, ill get the details…i know he spent over 2 g’s but the speaker line makes a lower quality line. sounds absolutely amazing though, im about to buy a package that costs around 1500