love4boost's 2000 BMW

There is a local 280z LSx that should be out next year sometime, I have a hand in that project too. Call me the LSx pusher.

:rofl

I’ll smoke it.

Does the car have a green tint on the windshield?

OMFG IMMA ZMOKE EVRY LSX

atta’ boy

Hey Katie, are you gonna pm me the otgher pics I faved? I see a few of them in thread, but some are missing?

As for everyone else… Going out on weekends and spending $200 on shots that you puke up 3 hrs later is a waste, swapping in a different motor with WAAYYY more torque and horsepower capabilities is not. Also parts
to make my car faster is insanely expensive as I’ve said over and over before, Cams = $3k+ cams for ls1 = $500, pistons for my car = $2k+, pistons for ls1 $400-700? Supercharger for my car $8k MINIMUM, ls1 = $3k… I originally wanted to swap an e39 m5 motor into it but tghe motor itself is around $8k and it takes MORE modification to fit That motor in then the ls1… In fact my mechanic told me today they make a kit for it with custom engine mounts and all…

Someone said its such a waiste of money to swap a perfectly good motor out as if im throwing it away or something? lol… I will probably sell my stock 540 motor for MORE then im buying the ls1 motor for, how is that a waiste? lol… Cant say that I have the skills to swap my own motor out, but I have a brain and know how to build a cost effective swap.

That’s bc you are a girl. Females are generally attracted to colors like pink, purp, robins egg blue, etc.

Na, it’s not because she is a girl. The car legitimately looks good, I saw it @ the P&R the day of the Shift cruise.

bingo

Put a ls1 in a Datsun if you want to do wheelies…

My old car was almost the same color. :lmao

sorry man, but your mod prices towards LS1 parts are alot cheaper then what they actually are…

Magnacharger/procharger for the LS1 is 6900.00 to begin with. Magnacharger is around the 7100 range, $500 will get you a cam, and only a cam. You need to then upgrade the valve train and a tune…

pistons and rods are a minimum of $1700

I bought my cam setup all used. MS3 cam was $300, 7.400 thunder racing push rods were $125. PRC gold .660 valve springs/titanium locks/retainers were $250, LS2 timing chain- $30, Ported LS6 oil pump -$125

so were looking at almost $800 at a used cam setup, then it was another 1K for install/dyno tune.

pretty much what you estimate its going to cost, double it.

The first pic is cash IMO, and the carbon fiber looks awsome with the blue.

kdubz; the first few shots, is that by the times union center that used to go to an old parking garage?

Nice shots too!

I am putting the full file of your favs on a cd to give you when we do the shoot for the red one :slight_smile: ( the files are too big to email)

True… but I am not your typical girl, we all know this… I think this is a nice ride /story… He has kept it clean and in great shape the color is perfect and the fact it is a factory color is even better… I would gladly do another shoot with this in different weather and different location…

Couldn’t agree more!

I think your pricing is a little off…

A procharger “tuner kit” which is a universal kit is 5500-5700 for one.
A maggie kit is 6000

A cam kit would be cam ($395), pushrods($120), valvesprings($255), couple seals and bolts ($75) and even adding a timing chain ($50) and GMPP pump ($100) your at $995

Labor and dyno tune should only be $750-800

And what the heck are rods and pistons needed for? a typical cam or a typical blower setup wont push the limits of the shortblock especially in a lighter car

but what do i know… :tongue

True with any project/build…

thanks! and I coulndt agree more on the CF with the Blue…

its in the alley next to ballingers around the corner form TU… I would be more than happy to give you specifics… shoot me a pm… this is the 2nd shoot i have done there…

and thanks :slight_smile:

kdubs ftw. I need to visit legends one of these nights.

Word. Hit me and psi2low up we will tag along

roger that

so muuuuchhhh blueeeee, this car needs lots of blackening. semi-gloss the rear diffuser type section and the moldings, and everything the FACES of the mirrors. the paint job is great quality but the blue just needs to be broken up.