LS1 Cam?

I mean, is it really … that easy?

Take a cam out, stick another in, instant like, 40HP?

Let’s say, I find an LS1 out of a 98’ Camaro SS - and I want to make power out of it for cheap, besides the bolt ons, cam would be the best bang for the buck eh?

yes

edit.

Nitrous is always the best bang for your buck, but for a one time price, ya a cam would be good.

Ls1 S2k?

spray it, cam it, tune it, beat people.

oh you mean my car? :lol:

wile your at it swap out the springs as well … so cam plus bolt ons and juice … meh … could probly get up to 600 WHP

silly GM and their motors making tons of power :wink: not to mention the fun torque

precisely. jeeves744 > firehawk 853 :wink:

Just do what cougarspeed did bolt ons + trex = 425-430rwhp + spray he runs mid 10s now.

yep get a big nasty cam like a trex or Ms4 and then Hp tuners for some tuning and year 40hp no prob…like justin said drews car made 431whp on small boltons,cam and tuning.

the 98 will make a lil less because it dont have the ls6 intake mani on it.

Then you’ll be down with the sickness owe ah ahaaha aha :headbang: :stuck_out_tongue:

Is the car auto or stick? because you will need a bigger stall/clutch and 12 bolt

ya… ive been in this car… fucking sick

I miss beating the hell out of that thing.

“Drew, I’ll be back in an hour…”

going to be stick

going to have a turbo II rear end.

^ not so :snky:

lol.

I’m not trying to be sneaky. I’m trying to find a cam that will not require head work - but give me good gains.

For?

Drag racing? All out performance? Road Racing?

For the most gains…TReX, Texas Magic Stick, Futural F14, TSP 233/239, Texs TorquerV3…

Cougarspeeds car was around 380-390 with a 228/230 cam…he then changed his exhaust, tune and went with a TReX and was up ar 430rwhp…

Well, an exhaust is going to be pretty freakin’ free flowing, I think FCs are a bunch shorter than an Fbod also.

I am not looking for anything in particular, just some more power all over. Not drag, not anything crazy. 350HP would be great in a car that weighed less than 3K lbs with me in it.

Guys with stock LS1s in FCs tick off mid 12s at 113ish. That’s pretty good lol

Umm 350 hp? don’t be a pussy

I put down 345rwhp with a auto…with headers, stock LS1 intake manifold(LS6 intake is 10rwhp), exhaust, underdrive pulley, ported TB…

Do you mean not replacing spring and shit, or do you mean porting?