LS1 Guys need an opinion on cams

I want a cam for my Gto that works well with da Juice but dosent make power really high. I like the Streetsweeper HT but cant see paying 500 for just the cam. I found a reasonable price on a TR 230/224 cam_ intake 230 duration and .575 lift exhaust 224 duration and .563 lift on a 111 lsa and was wondering if it would work with spray and still make decent power NA.

:shrug: i don’t know what to do but i do know you should get one

You probably aren’t going with a huge huge shot the cam won’t have a huge effect on nitrous gains…

Just go with a 224/224 if you don’t want to rev to the moon and want decent results…

i have the patriot stage 2 232/230 580/580 on a 110. it absolutely loves the bottle.

I’ll kill you… have you talked to mike yet? lol

look on ls1tech

don’t forget with a cam you’ll need to upgrade the springs, and you should do a timing chain/gear whilst in there. A cam is really gonna wake your car up.

T-REX!!! Manliest cam ever

I hope you have headers. I have a small cam in my LS1 (reverse split also). It feels a little stronger but definately needs to get the exhaust out better. A det of long tubes will do wonders with any cam, particularly reverse split. Is your car an Auto or M12?

This is the only cam I suggest to anyone. lol T-REX!!!

quit playing favorites!

Texas magic stick 4!

More people should beat me and or runt quicker times then. :beer2:

<3

I personally don’t like a nitrous cam for the guys with stock motors, only going up to a 175 max. Most just stay at 100-125 jets, and 90% of the time run it NA. The difference between a normal grind, and nitrous grind cam is almost non noticeable. And it’s a LS1 there really isn’t a “bad” cam for nitrous. lol Now a forged motor, with a good piston/ring setup, a fuel cell and nitrous system that will support 300+ :pimp: Can be improved from a cam speced to benefit that much nitrous.

You can’t overlook the cost per gain on a used LS1 cam. Just make sure it all good. The dowel pin (hole) is tight not damaged. No “…btw… slight nick in lobe,… should be fine…”
I really don’t texas speed cams, and the PRC junk.

dont get my cam… it sucks :smiley:

Ms4

ms4 is a huge cam… personally havinga big cam, i wouldnt reccomend one

i put the street sweeper in last week finally. runs great and it hasnt even been fully tuned yet. i had a nitrous cam before and i sprayed 150 on the dyno once for shits n giggles, made 160 saftley, but it only made 377 on motor, which is weak as hell for a cammed ls1.

junk because it works? man it’s worked on 1,000’s of cars must be junk…or did you read about the 10-15 who had problems with something and take that as gospel?

I say go with the LS2 CheatR cam. It has lots of lift and small duration which give you good idle characteristics, plenty of vacuum, and good gas mileage. It will be a torque monster, nice for an auto cause then you don’t need a sloppy converter. It all depends what you wanna do.

i say you go with the johnson rod

www.johnsonrod.com