LS1 Tech Find: RX-7

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861765

Year: 1994
Make / Model /Trim: Mazda RX-7 (Performance Equipment Package / PEG)
Mileage: 125,500 (Chasis) / 58,XXX (Engine, Transmission) (54,241 when installed)
VIN: JM1FD3332R0300240
Color: Montego Blue / Tan (Interior)

PRICE: $24,000

I will consider all serious offers.

This car is unbelievable, I am very reluctant to sell it, however, I need room in my garage for the upcoming Corvette build. The transmission shifts like no T-56 I have ever had, it’s silky smooth and never misses a gear. The motor starts up every time with no issue. I am totally confident this car can be driven as a daily driver… its that reliable. I have sprayed the car once since I have had it, and WOW!!! It’s breath taking. The stereo sounds great, the heater works great, simply put: this build was done right the first time.

The only problem areas I have with this car is:

• Driver’s side window switch for the passenger window only is able to roll the window up, not down. However, I have been reading around, seems that these switches are about $15.

• The air conditioner is not installed. I do have the parts to install it, but I have not had the time to install it, and the weather has been perfect for windows down cruising.

Other than those two items, the car is great. The paint looks good for a car with 125,xxx miles. Tires are about 60% on the rear and about 80% on the front. The tint is 15% in the front and 10% in the rear hatch glass. The car weighs 2,820lbs with 5/8 of a tank and a full nitrous bottle. Power steering is complete and fully functional. A new power rack has been installed very recently. No leaks whatsoever.

I traded for this car last month and I have to say this car is no joke. It is perfect in nearly every way. It met and exceeded my expectations after driving over 850 miles to pick it up.

The previous owner gave me a dyno sheet with 438 rwhp / 490 rwtq on a 125 shot. However, he said this was on a Mustang dyno and on a Dynojet dyno he recorded 512 rwhp / 573 rwtq. He also had a time slip showing 6.99 @ 100 in the 1/8th mile and 11.38 @ 132 in the 1/4 mile. He claimed to let off in that pass after the 1/8 mile.

Engine/Trans:

• 01 LS1
  • Built T-56 (Brass Pads, Steel Forks, Billet Keys)
  • LS7 Clutch
  • Remote Clutch Bleeder
  • LS6 Intake Manifold
  • LS2 Flywheel
  • Built Turbo II Rear End
  • Comp Cams Camshaft (228/230 571/573 112 LSA)
  • Jags That Run 1.75" Long Tube Ceramic Coated Headers
  • Custom True Dual 2.5" SS (409) Exhaust System w/ X-Pipe
  • Custom 3” Cold Air Intake
  • ARP Head Bolts
  • Comp 918 springs
  • Comp Steel Retainers
  • Comp Chromoly Pushrods
    - Hinson Supercars Fuel System:
    • Corvette FPR/Filter
    • Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
    • All AN fittings
    • -8 AN Feed Lines
      - HSC Cooling System:
    • Aluminum Radiator
    • 2,500cfm Electric Fan
    • Polished Shroud
  • Optima Red Top In Rear Hatch
    - Hinson Supercars Premium Mounting Equipment Package:
    • Modified Sub Frame
    • Bump Steer Correction
    • Transmission Brace
    • Torque Arm
    • Steel Drive Shaft
  • Tuned by Intune Motorsports
  • NOS Single Fogger Wet Kit (150 shot)
  • MSD Digital Window Switch
  • Dynotune Time Based Progressive Nitrous Controller

Chassis / Suspension:

• All rear pillow ball bushings replaced at 118,XXX miles.
  • Solid differential bushings installed at 121,XXX miles.
  • Prothane motor mount bushings installed at 125,XXX miles.
  • Tokico 5-way adjustable shocks
  • Intrax Springs
  • Drilled Rotors on the Front

Interior / Audio:

Good condition (no peeling etc) All the gauges work like stock.

• 03/04 Cobra Shift Knob on a Tri-Ax Handle.
  • Aluminum Door Sill Scuff Plates (installed at 124,8XX miles)
  • 10" Kicker Subwoofer
  • MTX 600 Watt RMS Amp
  • MB quart components all around
  • JVC MP3 Head unit
  • JDM Efini Steering Wheel (Stock Wheel Included)

Exterior:

• Attain Carbon-Fiber Exhaust Bumper Guard
  • MTEC HIDs (6500K)
  • JDM Badging (Front and Rear)
  • 99 Spec Front Lip

Here is the video I made demonstrating idle quality and overall sound of the car. Sorry for the crappy quality, youtube sucks at compressing these videos. This was during a cold start.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l6/alpine_mkiv/Rolling1.jpg

[LEFT]Wow Tits!!
[/LEFT]

why would you not fix the window switch and a/c before selling a 24,000 rx7

Yup, I’ve seen the car for sale on the swap board for a while. Great looking car!

I like it…but I don’t see him getting 24k for it…

sexyness

one badass ride :tup:

wow beautiful car

Thats a sexy car :spunk:

something about the front bumper seems funky

I didnt know ls1tech was a Vette forum :gotme:

My bad, I was looking around on corvette forum all day and switching over to ls1tech must have slipped my mind. Edited by your request. :slight_smile:

Bad ass.

Love these swaps. Combination of the styling, the power, the sound - just fantastic. Ugh. :tup:

That’s hot, very much so, but for that price I’d rather just have the Vette. The weight difference can’t be that much between a C5 and an RX7, maybe a couple hundred pounds.

QFT

You’d be surprised. FD swaps top over 20k all day long.

i’d rock it

wow, absolutely

I would def. just buy a corvette, and mainly for one simple reason. That is when that FD breaks, most mechanics wouldn’t want to work on it. They probably wouldnt know how the swap was done and what to do with the car. I would prefer to just have a vette that can get repaired a little bit more easily, without worrying about swap complications and what not.

its a cool ride, but not my thing