LS1 Tuning. Who would you have tune your LS1?

I need to get my truck tuned in about 2-3weeks from now. LS1 short Block, 5.3 Heads, Cam, Intake, Headers, Exhaust. I called New Era, but they are booked into late June. They are who I would really like to do the tune, but not really wanting to have the truck sit for over a month not drivable. So what would you do? Wait for New Era, or try someone else local and who? After enough shops are recommended I will add a pole.

I’d call Mike at New Era again and see if he can squeeze you in.

New Era = Great in my book.

kennedy’s? I have never been there myself. I had my truck tuned at new era. I had an ok experience. It sucks, because you cant just go back and have something changed if somethins wrong. you have to drive an hour or so to get there. I am looking for something local too.

I’m pretty sure firehawk and turbols1 tune as well…

Firehawk is going to be doing mine. Seems like a solid dude.

I would really like it done on a dyno. Anyone here know Mike at New Era well enough to put in a good word and maybe get me bumped in line :slight_smile: I would like them to port my TB too.

go to spinas and have chuck tune it on there…

Mike just called me and got me moved up to the 3rd week of May. Looks like I will be going to New Era :tup: to Mike at New Era for getting me moved up.

+1

why not innovative?

+10000000

After taking my cobalt to New Era I would have your engine tuned there. They are awesome guys. I can’t really say about anybody else as far as LS1 tuning since I’ve never dealt with them but it would be hard to convince me to NOT go to New Era over them. You’ll love them.

Fierehawk853

+1

New Era all the way! In house dyno

/thread

studderin.

Everytime I talk to him he tells me to go ls1. plus he makes crazy passes for such few mods.

Modded by Johnny, tuned by NewEra. :tup:

+3

NewEra (I tuned my GTP) but mike tunes my camaro. I have never done any tuning on a LS1. Mike know so much more then me, I’m really happy letting him tune my car. I get hooked up with that, but I have to wait for a free window to use the dyno, and I strap my car down any everything myself. I know most can’t just call and drive down that night or the next day. And they get really busy so its hard to “line up” 2-3 cars to tune a day, the normal bolt on LS1 cars. Some big crazy setup take a full day 1-10 cars don’t show up, and maybe 1-5 cars has something else that comes up that needs to be fixed/upgraded. So once a week their will be a 4hour open window. but with 15mins-1hr advance notice. So if you can get off work, and are in buffalo. Let them know, and leve your cell. Shawn has a list of these guys “on call” for the open windows. Mostly for the locals to rochester, but if your in buffalo it might work too.