Local (Lockport area) LS1 Tune?

I swapped a LS1 with Cam/headers/exhaust into an 06 Sierra and looking for a local tuner. Started with a mail order tune/PCM and it runs good, but idle issues. Anyone in the Lockport area?

John Donovan in Lancaster or New Era in Rochester. Your 2 best bets

Deff @turbociv. Taking my 16 Silverado there very soon. He does wonders with HpTuners.

your an animal

Donovan or Newera.

I would avoid J&J Speed Shop

Thanks for the suggestions!! I don’t want to drive to Roc for New Era. I’ll try the other 2.

Edit - @turbociv - inbox is full, can’t PM you

I’m sure he will reply soon with all the tags. @turbociv

You think you’re bad getting a tune so quick…Choko and I got our trucks earlier this year his has a blower/headers/and all kinds of other crap already :lol:

When I did the swap, I bought a 2nd PCM from Black Bear and it had a base tune on it. I think it’s pretty close. It could even be the old gas since it sat for a couple months before the swap and it’s 87. I’m going to throw some fresh 89+ in it which is what Black Bear tuned for and see if it helps. I’m tempted to try the larger hole in the TB plate, but would rather have it tuned to idle.

Mine is fairly basic - GM Hot Cam, Shortys, Flowmaster cat back. It’s a 4x4 quad cab from Kentucky - great body, but motor knocked. Had a 4.8, went to 5.7 LS1 after debating on that vs the 6.0 I have. The 6.0 needed more work and the LS1 was almost ready to go, so the LS1 went in. Now I’m waiting for the 4L60e to cry uncle:-D Would like to swap to a NV manual trans someday.

Aren’t the NV manuals super weak? Do a T-56

It’s a 4x4 - I think a T56 would require special adapters or divorced transfer case. It would be fun though. I don’t think a NV4500 is to bad - my LS1 should still be under 400Hp.

There is one company that makes a “drop in” t56 with all the needed 4x4 hardware. I think it’s around $3k.