Programming/Tuning

Does anyone out there have LT1edit?
i have the laptop and OBD1 cable to hook up to my PCM, but i have a few things i want done…
I had the guy at PCMforless tune my car and give me a tune for a hotcam (can’t figure out what cam is in it, so we took a guess)… the car definitely gained some power… felt good before, feels even better now… however, when i mailed him about changing the idle in drive, he said, that was the way the hotcam tune was, and if i didnt like it, he’d suggest going back to the old tune he had created for me. well… obviously, i like the hotcam tune, b/c the car is making more poewr, but i dont like it idling in drive at 800-850 rpms… several reasons… 1. takes too much brake to hold the car (i’m just not used to it yet) 2. it doesn’t lope as much b/c the rpms are higher ( i kinda liked it lopey) and 3. w/ the drive idle about 200 rpm’s high, the exhaust sort of drones in the cab… it doesn’t drone if its a little higher, and never droned before when i had idle set at 600 or 650 (whichever it was)… so if anyone out there has LT1edit and can hlep me out with it, i’d greatly appreciate it!!!

hey how is PCMforless? i wanna get them to do a tune for my truck …

n/m on this whole post… he dropped idle for me to 650 and its terrific…

Bryan at PCMforless lives up to all the rave he get on the internet… My car seriously felt like a new car after i got it tuned by him… tranny shifts very firm, very quickly, great power gains all the way throughout… imo, probably the best thing i’ve done for my car to this day!
If you are going to go with him, be sure to pay the extra $25 for a lifetime of free upgrades… its well worth it… everytime you change something, he’ll send you a new program with that change… that is if you buy the cable and load the program urself… its approx. the same price… my cable was 90 and 50 for the program… i think its about the same price if you send your pcm to him for programming… plus, if you have the cable, you can keep a real-time eye on what’s going on with the engine… a big help if something goes wrong and you don’t know what.
very highly reccomended

i don’t got a laptop to hook it up to…

but i was gonna get another PCM and send them so i could keep my stock computer for the time that he had the tuned one so the truck won’t have to be parked while i wait for tuned comp to updated

I used PCMforless too and would recommend them. Lifetime retune is definitely worth it if you expect to make more changes.

That’s why I spun a bearing, so I could get my money’s worth for the tune…

whats the cost for a tune?

X2

for my ls1 it is 375.00 and if I return my PCM he will return 125.00. I have been emailing back and forth with him about getting one of his tunes. I believe he is on the other side of the state so my last email sent pertained to getting dyno tuning done at his location. He is pretty responsive via email.

was 375 and he is sending u a whole new computer ?

yes, then you have the option of returning yours.

yea…
when i got mine done, i believe the LT1 was much cheaper… so oneslowbowtie, go to www.pcmforless.com and look it up… if you are really interested, you can just get the programs and we can load them through my laptop and cable… but that’s only if you still have an OBD1 T/A… i’m tellin ya, if you haven’t had the computer tuned correctly, you’re missing out on a lot of power!, its well worth it!

btw, this is SonofaBish

Ion at MadZ28 is another option for mail order. Heard just as much good stuff about him. Or Ed Wright - that’s who JJ’s uses.

anyone know anything about Ed Wright, like cost and what not

i have a laptop for tuning to sell… :slight_smile:

Get www.fastchips.com to do it. thats who me and pewter usewhen we dont have the stuff oursleves to do it. PM me if u have any questions

link don’t work…

Let me know what I have to buy, and we can do this. I cant surf the net at work, people frown on that here, I have to sneek on here during the day. and it is still OBD1. Just let me know.

what all do u have done to ur car told?

http://fastchip.com/

THERES THE GOOD LINK

Stock with just LT headers, stainless works Y-pipe, not cats and Loudmouth cat back and CAI. I assume you can tune a stock set-up and if not WHY?