Luxury SUV?

amen.that price is pretty hot also, i dono, i have a vw, ive never had any issues with the car other than the trunk lock broke. northtown hooks me up always, its gotten some safety recalls (coil packs, brake light switch, fuel line shield) and its in and out, no probs. while i normally say id never get another VW, the toureg is worth the money… and for what its worth vw designs the interiors “cool” with hidden stuff or weird flashlights in the cigarette lighter, etc… it beat out my bmw in the ergonomic dept… oh and the FX interior is just beat…

For some reason what comes to my mind when I think about Newman getting a VW is a custom Hello Kitty luxurized Tourag…maybe a hot pink paint job?? Black rims. But built up so it’d still kick ass.

I love all the vw hate on here…

I’ve owned 3 vw’s so far…and I cannot think of any thing that went wrong on any of them?

I think the toureg looks 10X better than the fx interior wise… the exterior is kinda dull but nothing to cry about.
also the vw can tow 7,500# and sounds pretty damn cool.

fx styling > VW all day… what about Nissan suvs?

http://www.galaxycar.com/ebay172/05infiniti_fx35awd_n14650b2_ivory10.jpg

OR

http://images1.ecarlist.com/photos/946_31279/800/14.jpg

the infiniti is a year newer…05 compared to 04… i think the fx has a plasticy interior compared to the vw…but the fx seems to hold its value much better.

i would have a hard time buying a car whose main marketing campaign was how much they sucked at naming it

they do have a weird advertising scheme…but what ever…

they do make some nice cars.

its not about the motor, electrical gremlins up the ass with these things. way to much shit is overdesigned and put in weird places. for example, the fuse box and battery is underneath the drivers seat??? the ignition is electronic (but still uses the standard vw switchblade key? why?) when they come off the truck brand new underneath the seat is all torn apart and you have to push a button under the seat for it to even start.

I think i would go with the X5. the FX35 just seems like a total “keep the trophy wife happy” car.

Toureag > FX IMO

I think the big thing is warantee coverage. If he can get a VW still healthily under warantee, then do it. But if it isnt, something more reliable like the FX may be better…

i think i found what i want.

i’ll know in a few days.

don’t leave us in suspense!

Way to compare a bare bones model to a loaded one. This is just a “little” closer.

I just grabbed two off of ebay that were similar in year

the touareg isn’t a top end model it was a v6.

stll… the fx just looks cheap.

:picard:

Then again, people say the Vette is better than the Viper, so who am I to argue with opinions.

:lockd:

Here’s my $0.02:

-There is no reason for any non-diesel VW to exist.

-I had an FX35 as a rental once and fucking LOVED it. Gorgeous interior, supple leather, hot looking, sexy exhaust.

-You can get the X5 in a stick. I drive a 6 speed manual SUV every day. Sure they don’t handle like cars and the shift throws are a touch longer than a car’s (but not bad mind you) but the bottom line is you’re still selecting your gears and manipulating a clutch. I’m very happy that mine is a stick.

If that is keeping you in suspense, then you needs a life.

Great point on the VW
Having been in a FX i agree with this as well.
But this my friend is where you are just lame cause the cool kids already have fun stick cars to drive give me comfy and auto FTW.

lulz