LVD: 8/13/11

dude…lest get the rear brakes on and you can rent my wheels!!!

they just said I was done for that day…never said anything else…I’m going to wait a few weeks and go again…

If you guys want to post up the specific mods I can add them to the descriptions.

ill go back up once my clutch is done and boost issue is fixed prolly first or sec week of september

damn. All those cars are nasty.

Eric, what kind of 60’s were you cutting? reason im asking is cause I plan to be in the same ball park you were at in the videos.

im sure you will blend in with all of the other red supras there…dime a dozen nowadays lol

1.5x, but we were running 15psi in the slicks, a bit more than we wanted to. It helped keep it stable with the street tires in front, were going back on skinnies and lower tire pressure. car had no traction in first gear.

we’re gonna pink vinyl wrap it before the next day

Extra weight…10.01

got it. Thanks.

bust out the rear brake swap in like 30 minutes!

Pardon my ignorance but in another thread I noticed someone mentioning running wrinkle walls with radials up front is a bad idea why is this vs running skinnies?

I think maybe I have an idea of why it could possibly be bad but at the same time doesn’t make sense…

from personal experience, its dumb and fucking shit stain yourself scary. The car starts to sway uncontrollably and its 30 times worse when you try to slow down.

I just don’t understand that why with wrinkle walls out back the car is more prone to swaying? Do the front tires take away stability having more grip out front taking away from the slicks?

Like with skinnies out front do the slicks just push the car where it needs to go the skinnies acting like a “guide” with minimal contact? where with radials it trys to grab and “fight” where the car is trying to go?

its the material bias ply in the slicks and skinnies if you put it with regular rubber it wont allow you to make proper steering correction.

skinnies usally have regular rubber. what was the car doing?

he was running bias ply slick and a normal street tire radial for the front. thats the problem. a legit skinny, like the ET front, M&H front or the moroso tire is a Bias-ply.

its widely known that radial and bias-ply dont mix.

youtu.be/wiXLnqczUoc

getting alittle squirrely

you have a 2 step/WOT box on your s2k right? jeff was trying to talk me into getting one a while ago and I have been considering it…