Made a set of monitors(PICS ITT)

All I want to know is can I hook up my ARC Audio 6x9s with my home receiver? I had a car sub hooked up, but I didnt care if it popped or not. These on the other hand, were not cheap.

just some simple infinity speakers.

upon listening to it for a while, i head an echo for some reason :wierd

VOT I call dibbs on these thigns if you can them so I can test them…

BTW did you just make the boxes to your own specs or did you use the recommended size by the manufactureer?

I would not do that, the 4 Ohm load from the car speaker would be too low for the home receiver system (8 Ohm). You’ll run the risk of damaging the home receiver’s amplifier. It will sound louder though, just not for long :lol

Thats why you get a DC to AC adapter :number1

I made the boxes to be kinda big on purpose to see how bass would sound in there. If you want to play with these, I can let you have them for a week or two, its not a problem. They have a two wire hookup in the back, they dont take a 1/4 or a 1/8th jack. So if you have something that just has a plus and minus wires comin out, that’ll work. I’ll see about making something so that you could use a regular headphone size plug to use them on a computer or something as well in the future.

WAT? :lol

Some ferromagnetic materials can be magnetised by a magnetic field but do not tend to remain magnetised when the field is removed; these are termed soft. Permanent magnets are made from magnetically hard ferromagnetic materials that stay magnetized. [color=white]solarwaterheaters.cc[/color]

1)Audio equipment, car or home, feeds AC to the speakers. Distortion can be measured as DC, though.

2)They look decent.

3)You suck@soldering.

4)We need to party soon.

Trav, it’s only a first set. Theyre soldered on just enough to hold em steady. As far as looks, i dont care one bit with this set. its the first one and i just wanted to see if i can at all make one working set. call it…a rough draft :slight_smile:

So…i’ve obtained a 2 channel crown amp that runs 400 watt. one channel isnt working so hot, but it was free and im glad. im going to get this thing running tip top. its a great sounding amp. for the hell of it, gonna hook up those speakers to it and play with it. heh. its made to run a PA system of 15’s :smiley: overkill? i think so! fun? youbetcha!