Marketing a new product?

Well I have a new salad dressing, its been sold localy for the past few years, I would like to bring it to like helmans or kraft. I figure this would be a lot more cost effective then actually putting the product on the market myself (production costs > my wallet), and I want to cut the risk of me losing money.

How would I go about doing this? Letter to the company? E-mail?

I also dont’ want kraft getting my dressing, tell me it sux and then seeing in on the self at wegmans.

what’s it called? for my own reference so that I can think if I’ve had it.

just market it and produce it yourself.

Obviously you would have to document everything that goes to and from these companies. As far as how to pursue it. I would try to target someone in marketing. They tend to be more open to new ideas. You can find out where the headquarters are and try to work your way through the gatekeeper (receptionist) to get a hold of someone. Sometimes they can tell you who to talk to, and sometimes they won’t. Other than that…:shrug:

I’m not gonna do your business homework for you :lol:

X…

^^ exactly.

if you’re serious, I can talk to my marketing teacher who works/worked(?) for P&G

Danny’s honey basil dressing >* but id like to try yours if youd let us know where to get it.

Marzetti’s (sp?) honey mustard dressing is one I cannot live without!!!

I think Marzetti’s own Pfifer Salad Dressing which is in Wilson, NY.
The whole neighborhood smells like ranch dressing.

you can only purchase it with a catering order right now, not retail.

I’m afraid by marketing it myself, I will have to invest a lot of time and money, I have faith in it. But I don’t want to devote a lot of time, basically its not my dream job.

I personally would talk to the guys at Anchor Bar. They have their wing sauce sold pretty much nationwide. Not bad for a little sports bar.

Another idea: look into packaging costs, and then do a “retail debut” at the fairs/fests next summer. you might be thirsty for higher sales now, but salad popularity is waning for the year, seeing as the glutton holidays are right around the corner. After New Year’s would be ideal for introducing a health food’s condiment. (not necessarily implying salad dressing is healthy, but salad usually is…)