Maylene and the Sons of Disaster @ The Mohawk Place 10/6

Anyone going? I forgot about it, It’s tonight. $12.50 in advance, $14.00 at the door.

I gotta find some people to go with, lol.

Let me know if you’re going to be there!

Nobody? =/

I love the “southern rock” style of hardcore but I just cant pick these guys up. Hell of a live show but I cant listen to their music.

Hardcore should not be anywhere in that sentence.

Dude, give up on it. All alternative music is such a grab bag of genres these days. You may not like what people call “Hardcore” these days despite its “squirly or noodely” nature but in the end its still referred to by most as “hardcore”

What is known as “hardcore” is such a broad category these days like it or not. Im sorry if thats blaspheme to ones punk hardcore roots of what was known as hardcore, but these days it covers a lot of bands.

I don’t care, there is just nothing Hardcore about it.

It’s just that there have been bands that sounded like that long before the term HARDCORE was in existence.

Uggh, this is why I hate any music discussion with old people. You cant get a friggin point across without someone shoving a “you think thats heavy metal son, you shoulda been at deathfest 88!”

For all intensive purposes, everyone my age that I know, refers to them as Hardcore…

Let that be point that bridges this generational gap. (but im sure people I know are just idiots)

lol. i’m like what, 5 years older than you?

Look, all i am saying is that there were twangy rock bands well before the HARDCORE movement (if you want to call it that). Bands like screwdriver and the business.

PS: you meant to say “for all intents and purposes”… you don’t even know english! how can you judge music?

Lmao… I have nothing. I even tried urban dictionarying it and it just made me feel more stupid. All of your great grammar and knowledge is just showing your age old man… jk

Ill bow my head and shut up now.

edit: Learning through humiliation, the only way!

haha. You can call me old when i’m 30…

MOBOOST4NEWMAN

:nohomo:

EDIT: Rev Peyton’s Big Damn Band. Thursday night. Siq.

What… my point is still more than valid…

I just have no call arguing it based on the stupidity I have shown. Luckily no one gives a shit about his band so people wont get to see my attempt at making myself seem smart, horribly backfire in my face lol.:mamoru:

Edit: On a side note, how funny is it that, the internet can make you seem a lot smarter than in real life, or can make you seem a lot more dumb in real life. I love reading peoples posts on here and seeing their terrible grammar used, but then you meet them in real life and they seem like an actual human who made it through middle school. I think the key is not caring…

Okay we’ll shoot for november 4th when norma jean, the showdown and some other good bands will be playing :slight_smile:

I really really wanted to go to this show :frowning:

2 out of 5 bands were good. the rest fucking SUCKED.