Mazda MX6 GT Turbo

Car is a black on gray 1990 GT 5-speed turbo.
Mileage: Just under 112,000
Transmission: 5-speed
This car has gotten to be pretty rare. You most likely won’t find another one anywhere near here in this type of shape. The MX6 GT is the same exact car mechanically as the first generation Ford Probe GT Turbos. The only difference is the styling of the body. Plus it’s a Mazda, meaning extremely reliable, and has only been driven an average of 5600 miles per year during it’s lifetime. Very low mileage for a 20-year old car. Also has some minor performance modifications.

Options: power moon roof, cruise, a/c, power windows, factory sub, factory rear strut bar and lower tie bar, fog lights, rear spoiler, sunroof visor

Upgrades: TurboXS blow-off valve, front strut tower bar, VAF adapter w/AEM dryflo filter, Autometer boost gauge with pillar pod, Probinator chip, boost controller, Pioneer front speakers, Cerwin Vega rear speakers, Kenwood head-unit with usb and aux inputs, MTX amp, bandpass box, 17" Mazda3 rims, tinted/cleared tails and bumper markers/lights, tinted windows, real leather shift boot

Negative points: Nothing major at all, just being completely thorough. Could use a fifth gear fork. It drives fine in 5th unless boosting, then it will pop out. It will stay in gear under boost if you hold the shifter in place. A new fork is $50 and a 15 minute job, if it is something that bothers you enough to fix. Was a very common issue on first generation MX6 and 626s. Can provide a very thorough walk-through on how to fix it. Also needs a $15 coolant temperature sensor. Car does not overheat, idle just fluctuates sometimes once it’s reached full operating temperature. Few minor dings you’d expect for a 19 year old car. Paint on driver’s front fender and the middle section of the hood is dull. Dash cracked in the usual place. Headliner has a tear by grab handle on the passenger side headliner. HVAC fan doesnt work on speeds 1-2,resistor is burnt out. Works perfect on the other speeds.

Positive points: Paint cleans up very nicely. It’s from North Carolina and the car and the underside look the part, very very clean. Tint looks clean still. Seats are in mint condition. OEM struts still ride great! AAS (3-way electronically adjustable suspension) works great! No clunks or weird noises. The alignment is on. Car doesn’t smoke and no noises. Boosts and holds it great. Car goes into all gears smoothly, and the clutch holds well. Emergency brake works. Brakes are very good. Plenty of tread left on all four tires. The air conditioning works great, blows cold. Car has never seen rust. Currently NYS inspected until next June. New battery, plugs, cap, rotor. Unripped sun visors.

More pictures: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v96/nickthestick38/
$2200 OBO with the sound system. Feel free to email me with any questions, or call or text me at 6072014295. Thanks for looking.

how much with out any of the stereo? id love another one of these…

if its a 15 min fix for the 5th gear fork, do it yourself, cause people are gonna runaway when you attempt to describe a transmission problem

Well, it’s a super common problem with the first generation MX6’s and 626’s. I would’ve fixed both problems before selling it if I hadn’t lost my job and had the money to do so. As for without any of the stereo stuff, make me an offer. Thanks.

cool looking coupe + Turbo :tup: glws

This car looks to be in fantastic shape. Free bump. This would be a hell of a winter car…

Nobody?

man if this was a black 90 PGT I would probably be paying you a visit very soon. Never really cared for the styling of these but dang is it clean! If you were willing to keep the stereo and come down quite a bit I probably take it. Don’t really even care about the lil problems so much

im interested is it possible to come take a look at this?

I can be available most of the time to show it. Supposedly have a guy coming to check it out from Syracuse on Friday, but I never believe people until they show. Only thing is, I’m in Unadilla, NY, quite a ways from Buffalo. As far as coming down on the price, make me an offer. Thanks.

Wow, I think these are way better looking than any Probe…
GL and bump for a clean and prob. pretty rare car.

I’ve had 4 PGT’s and really liked them alot. Just like how some people like those Scion shoeboxes that I swear is the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen except maybe that thing nissan just came out with lol

OP, Are you about 4hrs from buffalo? Could you meet partial way if someone was serious?

607 area code shouldn’t be more than a 3 hours drive or so. I thought I saw this listed on a Binghamton craigslist ad, which would be just over 3 hours.

Damn if you were closer I would probably pick this up

Yeah, I’m about 40 minutes from Binghamton towards Albany. I’d be willing to meet somebody if the car were on the road at the moment, but it’s not.