MclarenGP VS DeathbyRT (split)

thanks a lot guys quick question, does the boost/vacuum line that goes to the bov have much to do with keeping it closed under boost or is that the springs job?

Edit - nevermind its capped now… hope it holds! The bov was junk i could blow into it with my weak ass lung capacity and feel air move through.

this thread fucking sucks. Is Mclaren ready to run with the KOTS or what?

KOTS that doesnt run his car? by now im sure the title is back up for grabs.

Both ike, spring keeps it shut and the vac/ boost line keeps it shut aswell, when you close the throttle, the vac sucks the piston out and releases it, obviously…

Get a tial bov!

Or if you don’t want to weld a flange, use an evo9 metal one, crushed they are good for 30 psi… You can get one for probably 30-50 on an Evo forum or eBay.

no shit thanks pete, honestly i hate bovs and probabaly wont use one. It was leaking so much boost, i capped it and the car spike over 30# on the way to the valley, had the allen bolt in wastegate wayy to tight , coudlnt drop the boost under 22#, did a 3rd-4th gear pull and this thing fucking moved like never before… no bullshit spinning top of 4th… im pretty sure the head gaskets were for smoked for the most part before i even got there… just wasnt puffin yet. They were stock gaskets, have MLS gaskets on the way, car is tore down.

It spun 4th, on the drag tires that you drove up on??

At 68942 psi in tires and turbo duh adam. Wtf are you thinking with your 5.slow??

lolll

its only been like 3 weeks.

adam still has over 2 years on me ha

end of june…thats all im saying

If you are over 10# then you need a BOV or you will damage your turbo and kill your spool between shifts. Vacuum/boost reference line needs to be hooked up or you will get boost spikes or boost leaks depending on the spring pressure in the BOV. In case you didn’t already know.
This will sound silly but torque the heads down completely in sequence then crack the bolts loose again and re-torque. Those MLS gaskets to need to find a set or memory before they seal good. I also used copper gasket sealer when I did mine but I couldn’t tell ya if it helped. It was suggested by a few engine builders tho.

Yea fuck blow off valves, compressor surge FTW

Blow off valves are unnecessary.

They do nothing to extend longevity of your turbo

yea they just make your car sound like it has a cold, or alergies

Big heavyweight BOVs FTW

FOREVER BOOST

Who the fuck lets off when they shift anyhow?

drive wide open everywhere!!! FTW.

thanks for the tips JOhwak , ill look into seating those gaskets properly… makes sense. and ya bovs are overrated but hes right, i probably do need one to clean up respool… not worried about damaging the turbo tho, thing is pretty tough.