Me and Challenger SRT8 @ PRP 7/2

exactly

in due time my friends about the stick. prob when they come out with the reg challenger with the 5.7 will be the stick at first then eventually move into the 6.1… thats my guess.

Im pretty sure I read in Motor Trend that a manual verson was comming …

wow, looks nice but not impressed with that 1/4 time at all. Maybe an intake/exhaust will realllly wake it up? who knows…

x2, and F-buckets ran 13.5 and $36k

wut???

from what i hurd all the 09 ones are autos 10+ will all be 6-speeds

Your the only dummy spending 35k+ for a LSx

most expensive fbucket was 28-30 LS1 Vert WS6 if that

i’m pretty sure u heard wrong…cuz every1 i’ve talked to and read about the car said the same thing…first year its out it will be a auto, then the following the 6spd will be available

I still have the sticker for my WS.6 and it is just over $30K for a 99.

That challenger is sick…neat to see one in person I bet. I am not impressed with the time though. 2.08 reaction time and only trapping @ 104-105 and running a 13.5. Not that is terrible but for all that HP it isn’t impressive. LS1’s with that 60’ will run that time with ease and have decently less HP.

His 2.08 sixty foot time is pretty horrendous. Get some good tires or a better driver and it might do a little better.

I’m not sure, but these 2 statement appear to be the same :dunno:

GuffEy - why you sayin’ he’s wrong?

because 10+ they will be making both,(auto & stick) Not just sticks!

gotcha…I just saw that he said sticks only. my bad

thats the way to break in a car

Nice video and pics.

13.5 in a car that cool lookin’ is OK in my book. I don’t care if a stock LSwhatever runs better times (there are plenty of other faster and cheaper cars too). I’d still rather have that Challenger for the cool factor.

New camaro FTW. Unless GM takes a step in reverse, it should be a hell of a car.

There are also plenty of more expensive cars that are not as cool. I’d totally rock the Challenger. We all know it’s faster than 13.5, I watched a freaking Jeep with that engine run a 12.9 at PRP. He could lose 3 tenths just in the 60’.

Just total speculation here, but I am guessing they had trouble building a driveline to handle the abuse of the 6.1 going through a manual but didn’t want to delay production any longer. My prediction is a beefier driveline for next year with the 6spd. I could be totally off, maybe they couldn’t agree on a shift knob.

looks like a nice way to break in a new car

Must be the shift knob…the T56 is in the Viper and SRT10 truck & it holds up just fine.