Merger/Takeover shit

What we know:

1: DaimlerChrysler has pulled out of Mitsubishi.

2: Mitsubishi needs some cash AND better sales to stay afloat.

3: GM has sold its interest in Fuji Heavy, and by extension, Subaru. So no more Saabaru 9²Xs. Also, no small AWD platform, and no respected AWD tech.

Pure speculation:

I can see GM buying Mitsubishi and gutting it like a fish, keeping a few good things and scrapping the rest (like Chrysler did to AMC)… or maybe partnering with Mitsu in some way. GM already put their hands into Saab, Suzuki, and Daewoo, they sell cars built by Toyota (Vibe), they put Honda engines into Saturns (VUE Redline)…

perhaps, if GM wasn’t broke

x2 i was gonna say, GM is barly selling shyt now a days from what i hear on the news. I heard that they, just got rid of there health care benefit program for workers because of it.

maybe ford? then the car would be a total waste… but it would sell like no other.

Ford is floating a whole lot of (corprorate, BBB rated) bonds of mixed callability right now.

I wonder what they’re up to?

Doesn’t matter. I’m not going to get into a big economics and stock discussion, but just for a point of reference, take a look at the Kmart acquisition of Sears… Kmart was still in Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, yet still was able to purchase Sears.

If GM wants to purchase Mitsubishi, they will be able to do it.

fuck GM.