Microsoft Access nerds come on in.

I am trying to create a client database… it needs to have about 100 fields. first name, last name, spouses name, dates of military service, income (in 6 categories), it needs medical expenses in like 10 categories, they need to subtract from each other, then i need a place for address, phone number, assets (in 6 categories, then a total), It needs to have a spot for last contact, identifier, and notes… I’m sure that there are more but thats the basic jist of it.

How hard would this be to create?

I can make this very easily in excel, but its too messy to print and I want it to look like a roll-o-dex…

Who is good with access, who’d be willing to help me out a bit when questions come up. I dont feel like spending the time to relearn access.

Who would have thought itd come back to haunt me.

This isn’t something you’re just going to pound out. You need to really think about your data layout and normalization of that data.

Some good reading to start:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283878

It’s been about a good 10 years since I used Access, but it should not be hard.

So your trying to have an interface for friendly use is your main concern/idea?

It shouldn’t be difficult but it will probably be time consuming to develop it.

If this is just a short term idea, I would just use excel.

However, once you create a template with the fields within access, the most painful part would be data entry

I just want it to be user friendly and give me a nice :rolodex: style layout for me to get a brief and eventually more detailed overview of my existing clients and prospective clients.

I deal with building qry and tbls and shit all day I could do it for you its easy from what you want

if i had the file could have it dune in like 10 min

What file do you need? How comprehensive and user friendly could you make it?

just give me some of the excel file … (justa4door@gmail dot com)

I can make it how ever you want it… yes it will be user friendly … depends on the data and shit that i got … access really does all the work i just tell it how to pull the data

You’d be my hero… I’ll put something together tonight, this will be a huge help. I’ll obviously throw you something for the help too. Thanks.

do you have access like if I was to make the whole database for you and sent you it would you be able to open it?

Yes sir…

ok … and its not a big deal … Its something I do all day long at work :gotme:

Where do you work? whats your job ?

I appreciate this so much.

You guys should make sure you’re using the same Access… 00/03/07

I have 07 on this computer… wouldnt it not matter then? Since I have the most up to date version?

I have 03 but was able to pull his 07 files

everythign is sent to you

<3

I replied… <3

I was worried about you-> him 07 may have had stuff 03 didnt… but it worked for you guys.

Assuming you sent him an excel spreadsheet and he just put it into access 03… your access 07 would be able to open it no problem.