Milling machine

Anyone here have a milling machine, knows how to use it and could give me a price on doing something for me…

Adam I PMEd you but havent heard back figured id ask around anyways as I know your a busy man

Basicly intake plenums on our cars are very restrictive… people see some pretty decent HP gains from just doing this…

Basicly need the dop cut off my plenum… the center section milled out and then a piece of aluminum welded on top…

Then holes drilled in the top plate to make acess for the bolts to bolt the plenum on

we used to have a mill back in highschool. i was actually pretty good at it.

that doesnt help me pete…

not gonna be a cheap job im sure. AMD IS THE BESTs’ father is a machinist, but that job looks time consuming, probably quite costly.

It also looks like 3/8" Aluminum plate on top, or thicker

I belive its 3/8

you sound like PJB

says “back in highschool” like it was so long ago.

Pete, u sound so confident!

yeah i sent yout an message about this. maybe i forgot to send it, i’m on vacation drinking. $50 hr x however any hour it’ll take to complete. it is time comsuming work. setup on machine, milling, plate fab, welding, wtc. i estimate 4 hours probably but htat’s an estimate.

call me on the 20th. i’ll be home and sober then and con discus.

haha alright… yeah you forgot to send it have fun man ill talk to ya when you get back :thumbup

My father can probably do it too. It’d certainly be a lot easier to estimate if its in front of him. If you’re interested, let me know and we can bring it over to him and see what he says.

Yeah most deffiantly… Whens good for you?

nick, your dad has a lathe? if so, i need a few sets of spacers i have “hogged out” a touch.

mill, lathe, verticle/horizontal bandsaws.

only decent picture i could get the kid to send me… anyways obvious what needs to be takin out

Is the performance gain really worth the cost to mod it?

IMO yeah… its a hugeeeeeee chocking point on the car…

People have seen 10-20+whp gains from gutting it… better throttle response and a bit longer power band…

1SickZ… the guy thats got a Z31 in the the low 9s with the VG30… had almost the same exact setup as me… except he had the 6AL2 Ignition and a gutted plenum… was running a 12.8 ~112 with the open diff and POS street tires…

Depending on what Nicks dad says… adam says and whatever if its to much i may just spring for John to make me a custom plenum such as this one

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j68/SATANZ31/Projects/Picture003-1.jpg

why dont you get a sweeeeet blow off valve first.

Ehh because the only BOV I want and you can say it for whatever reason you will… is an HKS SSQV… I want a legit one not an ebay knockoff…

Yes I only want it because I love the sound it makes.

Compressor surge while bad isnt going to kill a turbo right away itll do it over probably years in my cas as my cars only out for 4-5 months out of the year… and its a stock T3 with 150+kmi on it… if it blows I really dont give a shit ill get it rebuilt for 100 bucks round trip… or spedn 600 bucks and have the turbo upgraded