Mini Cooper/Kumho Tire Test Drive

Got a call yesterday from Jeff from Street Heaters letting me know about an exhibit being held at the stadiums by Mini Cooper and Kumho. So at lunch I took my boss down with me to beat on some Mini’s! It was a blast for a 5 dollar donation to Leukemia Society you got to run 3 different mini’s through the cone course. I ran the best time over the past to days with a 23.92. The people were impressed, I was shocked! It was fun getting those mini’s to drift a little sideways!

here is a shot of me getting interviewed by Street Heaters.

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Photo-0046.jpg

:bigthumb:

uz a pimp :wink:

we had that mini down at the shop haha. that thing is very “interesting”

Yeah that chick can interview me any day.

I think he photoshopped her in.

Cool! They let you drive #26 or just the assorted minis that Kumho brings with them? Wish I knew about this lol.

I was down there yesterday. I had a lot more fun than I thought I would. I have never autocrossed before and it was a little harder than I expected.

The difference in tires was pretty noticable.

You got to drive 3 cars, the black car had all seasons, the white car had semi performance tires, and the red car had high performance tires on. I almost won the pirate tickets on the run in the red car, I got a 27.24 on the run and anything under 27 seconds got free pirate tickets.

haha it kinda looks like whitey’s got wood talkin to that chick…

wtf… where were my pirates tickets! I ran the white car to a 23.92… the red car was fun, just could not drive it like the white one

FYI - it’s kinda gay to check out dude’s crotches on the interweb.

really… i can’t help it I am hung like a horse and its always noticable

all buisness looking and whatnot

is that a banana in your pocket or you just so excited from playing with those minis?

Or lack there of and the owner of thus forum needs a few tube socks.

[QUOTE=BlkP42E][/QUOTE]

FYI- its in his front pocket and and it is NOT is crotch!!

so I imagine this isn’t going on today also? I would leave work now if it was.

:bsflag:

did they remove 4 of the turns for you to get that time. :D:D:D

That is a really good time, the guys working it yesterday said only 1 guy in 2 days got under 27 for the course. I was there from about noon till 1:30.

I really suck at autocross though, and even though I suck it is really fun. I may have to steal a small car for next summer to run at a few events. :slight_smile:

I know, everytime the damn Kumho mini’s show up someplace I miss them. A few months ago they were at the Mills apperently.

77rednecktruck - You know smaller 2WD/AWD trucks are allowed a autox right? Just throwing that out there lol.