How’s it going guys, I’m another transplant from RocLife, came here to join in on the bandwagon on SideWinderGX. Am I too late?

Anyway, I’m an active autocrosser with the local SCCA and BMWCCA chapters, drive an '02 MINI Cooper S. Just thought I’d say hi!

Welcome, those mini cooper s’ always seemed like cool little cars.

I’d take the Evo 8 over it, but as far as price to buy, insure, feed, maintain, and so on goes, the MINI was the choice that worked for me.

Have to say I’m starting to regret it, though, seeing Solstice GXPs for $1,500 or so more than I paid.

Still, good car to have, both for daily driving, and for GS!

welcome

how is the mini in AUTO-X ?

It’s one of the best cars to have in G-Stock. As far as raw time goes, I can usually beat a WRX, RSX Type S, etc. The best car’s I’ve beaten head-to-head were a Z06 and Mazdaspeed 3, but those were obviously due at least as much to weather conditions (cold, rainy) and the individual drivers than the cars themselves.

That said, mine is the old style, R53, with the supercharged Daimler Chrysler engine, the new turbo Renault in the '08 is a lot better set up, and it shows - my uncle has one, and that car has run close on raw time to Evo IXs and STIs. The limited slip diff helps it out too. Even on mine, the handling’s bizarrely good for a FWD car.

welcome :wave:

Welcome. It’s great to see a new member who’s first few posts make you think they’ll be a positive addition to the site. Unfortunately it’s also rare. :slight_smile:

Don’t get too excited too early, I’m sure that any off-topic / political arguments that I come across will make me look like a forums troll before you can say “lulz.”

Thanks, though!

Hi :wave:

very cool man, when weather is decent i def wanna do a photoshoot of a Mini… very PHOTOGENIC

Where are you at? Mine’s not in perfect condition, but it still looks good, and I’d be willing to bring mine out if you’re shooting in the Syracuse or Rochester area.

buffalo but im sure ill be in roc from time to time

so are u saying i have to PSHOP OUT THE IMPERFECTIONS

lulz

Hi fellow roclife “buddy” :smiley:

:wave: